If you're new here, welcome! We're glad you're here, and encourage you to participate.
That said, we do have different policies and rules than most forums, so it's absolutely critical you familiarize yourself with them. Otherwise you may find yourself wondering why you were banned.
Read the Forum FAQs & Policies <-- this is critical! You might get banned if you break a rule!
For the members to be able to help you as efficiently as possible please do the following before posting:
a) Search the boards. Often, your question will have been asked by someone else, and they answers they received will help you too. The search field is on the upper right, which performs a general search for the past 2 years. Clicking the gear icon next to it will bring you to more advanced searches that will allow you to search beyond 2 years, by member, topic only, etc. Select "Archived" to search posts older than 2 years.
Search the FAQs. Many commonly asked questions are already answered in the FAQs.
Forum Policies & FAQs
General Bass Fishing and Site FAQs
TREAT OTHERS WITH RESPECT!! We set a higher standard of conduct for our members than other sites. We expect you to treat others with respect. We ban anyone who is disrespectful, disruptive, caustic, or is otherwise rude and confrontational. We also reserve the right to ban anyone without warning or explanation. This IS your warning.
If you are unable to find your answers in the FAQs or by searching the boards, or if the answer was incomplete or not quite correct for your situation, you should post your question. Please follow this procedure
1) Create your own topic. Do not jump into another persons topic. This only creates confusion and makes the board harder to search. Even if the problems seems similar to you, more often than not, the answer to your request will be something different from the original post.
2) DO NOT double post. The most knowledgeable and helpful members read all the boards and help in anyway. Double posting only marks you as an annoyance, and does not help you get answers any faster. Post your request in one board only.
3) Make sure you post in the right board. Please read through the different forums and descriptions, and then select the appropriate forum before posting. This is the single, most important thing you can do to ensure your post is answered!
4) Use a descriptive subject line, and format it properly. No one here will read or reply to your post any faster even if you type the subject in all caps. And typing something like 'HELP ME!!!!!!' as a subject line is pretty much a guarantee that your post will be read last, as most people prefer to take care of the post they know something about first (Those with a descriptive subject line)
5) It's not mandatory, but it's often a huge help to you if you list your location in your profile. Often it will prompt a response from somebody who fishes the same lakes and rivers as you.