fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Upstate New York Fishing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 cfebraio

cfebraio

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted April 03 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hey guys. I was born and raised in the Albany area and I was wondering if there was any hidden gems to go fishing at that is in reasonable distance to the capital region. THANKS.

#2 Delaware Valley Tackle

Delaware Valley Tackle

I Love Bass Fishing!

• BassResource.com Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,663 posts

Posted April 04 2012 - 09:42 AM

Not hidden by any means, but the Mohawk River / Barge Canal has some great fishing. Each pool between the locks fishes like it's own little reservoir. Going north Round Lake and Ballston Lake can be good.
10% Disc. on Reel Repair/Service & Custom Rods for BassResource.com members! www.delawarevalleytackle.com

#3 ROCbass

ROCbass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm partial to Great Sacandaga, due to the fact that my grandparents live on it and I've been fishing there just about my entire life. Largemouth are rare, but it had a decent smallmouth population. Good walleye and pike fishing too, although the pike get tough to catch in the summer.
formerly Shaner1988

#4 backwater4

backwater4

Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted April 11 2012 - 07:17 AM

Mohawk River / Crescent Lake and Saratoga Lake

#5 cfebraio

cfebraio

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted May 08 2012 - 03:32 PM

Does anybody know of some good bass fishing spots in Lake George, NY? Any specifics like where to fish its a huge lake.

Thanks

#6 lou304

lou304

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted May 15 2012 - 06:37 PM

If your talking about right now, I'd say shallow around docks and Islands. Both LM and SM bass are getting ready to spawn soon, if they aren't already. Any of the southern bays are good,(Dunhams,Katskill,Harris,) around the docks and in 1-8 ft of water. Try suspending jerkbaits.
"When injustice becomes law, then rebellion becomes duty” Thomas Jefferson
"Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" John Wayne
Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."

#7 micks

micks

longIslandsfinest

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 07 2012 - 10:23 PM

im from the island but i have alot of friends in upstate ny...adirondacks is a great area to fish ive been to indian lake and have caught trout, forked lake in the town of long lake i caught my first LM it was around 4lbs..also try north south lake in the catskills its closer to the albany area and thats a nice place as well..ill be up there this weekend as a matter of fact. goodluck.