Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cfebraio

Upstate New York Fishing

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I was born and raised in the Albany area and I was wondering if there was any hidden gems to go fishing at that is in reasonable distance to the capital region. THANKS.

Not hidden by any means, but the Mohawk River / Barge Canal has some great fishing. Each pool between the locks fishes like it's own little reservoir. Going north Round Lake and Ballston Lake can be good.

I'm partial to Great Sacandaga, due to the fact that my grandparents live on it and I've been fishing there just about my entire life. Largemouth are rare, but it had a decent smallmouth population. Good walleye and pike fishing too, although the pike get tough to catch in the summer.

Mohawk River / Crescent Lake and Saratoga Lake

Does anybody know of some good bass fishing spots in Lake George, NY? Any specifics like where to fish its a huge lake.

Thanks

If your talking about right now, I'd say shallow around docks and Islands. Both LM and SM bass are getting ready to spawn soon, if they aren't already. Any of the southern bays are good,(Dunhams,Katskill,Harris,) around the docks and in 1-8 ft of water. Try suspending jerkbaits.

im from the island but i have alot of friends in upstate ny...adirondacks is a great area to fish ive been to indian lake and have caught trout, forked lake in the town of long lake i caught my first LM it was around 4lbs..also try north south lake in the catskills its closer to the albany area and thats a nice place as well..ill be up there this weekend as a matter of fact. goodluck.