bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Soft Lizard Fishing Help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 cfebraio

cfebraio

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 12:55 PM

Are lizards an effective way to fish the bottom and what brands should i be looking out for to purchase?

#2 00 mod

00 mod

Dink dropping how many lbers?

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 01:03 PM

Yes....I have caught 20+ bass this month on a zoom 6'' junebug lizard t-rigged this month!

Jeff

PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE "SCROUNGA" CLUB

Please read the Forum FAQs

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Become a member for FREE!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#3 zip pow

zip pow

I've fished almost everyday of my life and wasted the rest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 01:10 PM

Yes i use zoom and rage lizards with 3/16 weight most of the time sometimes i fish them weightless . I caught twenty pounds on a lizards two weeks ago
" CHUNK AND WINED"

#4 eyedabassman

eyedabassman

I love bass fishing! Bowling. old cars! Night Fishing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 01:13 PM

Lizards are good to fish all year! I fish the Zoom lizards.

#5 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

From a human perspective, they're like Twinkies.

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,789 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 01:27 PM

Try the Rage Lizard, you won't be buying any more Zoom.
This bait might be the best offering in the entire Rage
Tail line-up.

My preferred rigging is a traditional C-rig.

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#6 riskkid 2

riskkid 2

Someday I'll get it right!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 01:53 PM

For sure, I fish them both T rig and C rig. I've used zoom, berkley power bait and rage all with success.

#7 LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler

Live Life 1 Cast At A Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 02:43 PM

I am the avid lizard fisher. They are my favorite bait to fish. I am the most productive when it comes to fishing with these things. I T rig them with a 1/8 oz bullet weight on my 20# Yozuri set up, and also a 1/32 oz bullet weight for my 12# light style fishing. Both ways makes for a different action. Either way, you can fish the bottom, middle, or top of the water with these things. I personally use the Zoom products. Down here in the Everglades, my most productive color near the surface is a watermelon seed with either chartreuse or red flake. Going deep, or on an overcast day, I may switch to a junebug, or candy color. I have tried the Rage brand, but for the extra money, I dont catch anymore fish. Zoom products are the brand I mostly use for $ and performance. Also try the ultra-vibe speed worms, they are a producer too. Good luck!
Work Hard, Fish Harder
Fish Shimano, Fish Longer
Keep A Happy Wife
And Fishing Wont Be A Barter <",)))><{

#8 Skeet22

Skeet22

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 03:56 PM

I am the avid lizard fisher. They are my favorite bait to fish. I am the most productive when it comes to fishing with these things. I T rig them with a 1/8 oz bullet weight on my 20# Yozuri set up, and also a 1/32 oz bullet weight for my 12# light style fishing. Both ways makes for a different action. Either way, you can fish the bottom, middle, or top of the water with these things. I personally use the Zoom products. Down here in the Everglades, my most productive color near the surface is a watermelon seed with either chartreuse or red flake. Going deep, or on an overcast day, I may switch to a junebug, or candy color. I have tried the Rage brand, but for the extra money, I dont catch anymore fish. Zoom products are the brand I mostly use for $ and performance. Also try the ultra-vibe speed worms, they are a producer too. Good luck!

What???????? You cant be serious..Zoom lizards catch as many or more than RAGE?? No way..

Just kidding of course. My zoom lizards catch them just fine.

#9 I.rar

I.rar

Light Tacklin' Peas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 07:18 PM

i fish zoom 6" and 4" lizards all year down here. i usually throw them with as light of a weight as i can get away with but ill throw them on a shaky head also. ive also caught bass burning them across the surface while they were active and feeding.

if rage would come out with a 4" lizard , i would probably be all over it. i just dont fish the 6" enough for me to pick up a pack.
Formerly sqhertz.

#10 200racing

200racing

hooksets are free, tackle lost firing into a stump isn't

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 09:41 PM

i like the big bites kriet tale

#11 bassh8er

bassh8er

Short Fish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 09:49 PM

Try the Rage Lizard, you won't be buying any more Zoom.
This bait might be the best offering in the entire Rage
Tail line-up.

My preferred rigging is a traditional C-rig.

Wow, surprised much? Rage makes a good lizard, but you can't argue with the Zoom Lizard's history of success or price. For my money, Zoom is the preferred bait.

#12 iceintheveins

iceintheveins

Selective Harvest On Bass, Or Pay The Price

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 12:31 AM

Zoom's 6" Green Pumpkin is a staple of mine. I haven't tried the rage lizard yet but plan to. I also use the 5" and 4" zoom lizards too when more finesse is needed, but the 6" is small enough to catch all the 1 - 2 pounders you want, though I would say most fish I catch on 6" lizards are 2 pounds or better.
Better Bass Fishing Is My Mission

#13 Skeet22

Skeet22

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 08:19 AM

If you want to try something a little different then a lizard try an eastern newt (Bed Bandit). I'm not going off the deep and saying you will never buy another zoom lizard but they are prety productive.

Posted Image

#14 Diggy

Diggy

I fish by foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 08:23 AM

Yesterday I used the pack of lake fork hyper lizards I have out of desperation. I coudlnt catch anything up until then. I caught 2 bass over 2lbs, the last being 3,3 in about 6 casts.

They are big so I was expecting a huge fish but you can catch nice sized fish with it. Garlic scent is strong but the tails are weak on them....they had my buddy intrigued as he wasnt catching anything either where we were

A fish a day, keeps the skunks away.

#15 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

From a human perspective, they're like Twinkies.

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,789 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 08:34 AM

If you want to try something a little different then a lizard try an eastern newt (Bed Bandit). I'm not going off the deep and saying you will never buy another zoom lizard but they are prety productive.

Posted Image

I will be fishing a variety of Bite It! baits at Guntersville. More importantly, I am providing samples to
everyone willing to give them a try. I hope to see a ton of reviews on these baits in the coming weeks.
We appreciate your sponsorship!

-Kent