bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Homemade Fishing Bait

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 4bass

4bass

Fisherman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted April 20 2012 - 09:35 AM

I was wondering if anyone had any homemade fish bait recipes that they were willing to share? I generally fish for trout, bass, pickerel so anything that applies that would be great to know. I have heard you can use cheez whiz with some other added ingredients but I havent come across an actual recipe to make something. Thank you ahead a time for your suggestions.

><>

#2 DeadEyeDavey

DeadEyeDavey

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted May 16 2012 - 08:33 PM

Cheddarwurst, throw a one inch chunk onto a good sized hook and fish under a jug over night.

#3 Avalonjohn44

Avalonjohn44

San Diego Jammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted May 16 2012 - 09:16 PM

We used to do real well using doughballs soaked in vanilla extract. Mold it around a hook, cast it out and wait.. My dad used to make it and I used it for years growing up. Haven't tried it in years though. We used to get catfish, suckers, carp, eels, all sorts of bottom feeders.

"I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing."
-Izaak Walton

"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret."

-Roderick Haig-Brown

"If all politicians fished instead of spoke publicly, we would be at peace with the world."

-Will Rogers

#4 outdoorsman110

outdoorsman110

Kayak Angler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted May 17 2012 - 12:55 AM

Cheddarwurst, throw a one inch chunk onto a good sized hook and fish under a jug over night.

I'm a major jugger here on the Potomac, you'll see me throwing out 50 to a 100 spray painted orange Gatorade bottles up and down the channel and creeks. I've caught 20 and 30 pound cats doing this, even striper, gar and snakehead.
There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind. ~Washington Irving

#5 DeadEyeDavey

DeadEyeDavey

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted May 18 2012 - 09:01 AM

I go juggin up in Rose City, manly using perch. There's no catfish in that lake so the only things that bite are bass and pike.