Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cfebraio

Yamasenko Color Match Help

11 posts in this topic

Along with the black with blue flake, what color yamamoto is good to use for cloudy overcast days with minimal sun. Also what color would be good for sunny blue sky days. Specific colors??

On sunny days and clear evenings, a wacky-rigged Baby Bass colored Senko works well in my local stained and rocky waters... Haven't had much Senko love on cruddy weather days, though...

BAMA BUG has been a great producer for me. Just bought 9 bags at DSG's 20% off.

Baby Bass is a yama made color??

I've really never found bass preferring any specific color over another. Often times, when I start to hit bass well, I'll switch colors and I still get bit. I do wish they would make a smoke with copper flake though. :)

post-19969-0-21667100-1338984887_thumb.jpost-19969-0-57739600-1338984945_thumb.j

Try Junebug or Black with blue.

Junebug

Clear water with sun I like greens and smokes. Overcast with clear water I like darker colors like black/blue, black/red, junebug, black. There are many good senko colors. I would keep it simple-greens, blacks/blues, and a few local favorites.....plus, I would not rule out any color on any day.

My honest opinion........use what you have the most confidence with. with confidence comes perseverance which leads to success (a bit too deep?)

Red shad will work all the time if you want to catch huge lunks. If you're going for dinks I'd go with a blue shad thin senko or the senko lite. For crappies and beluga whales (blue gills) I'd do the cinnamon with purple flake 3" swim senko