bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Xmas Tree Structure. Won't Stand Up Straight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 fisherprice-

fisherprice-

Fry

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 02:08 PM

I am sinking trees in my pond for structure. I have put concert blocks and poured concert around the bottowm to make them sink and stand up straight. The always fall over. How can I get them to stand up straignt?

#2 Shad_Master

Shad_Master

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 05:05 PM

Why do they have to stand up straight? Fish will gravitate to them because they are there, not how they look. Be sure to mark where you drop 'em and (if possible) which way they lay.
Fishin's easy - all you have to do is the right thing, at the right time, in the right place, in the right way

#3 jiggerpole

jiggerpole

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 05:52 PM

You can tie a plastic bottle in the top. Lid facing down.

#4 slonezp

slonezp

Life isn't fair.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 06:05 PM

Make sure the ornaments are evenly distributed and to unplug the Christmas lights. Lots of times the cord gets tangled on the dock or other timber causing the tree to fall over. For a tree topper, I prefer a star over an angel. Angels aren't native to water and a star can resemble a starfish or crayfish. Also rather than using garland, thread popcorn onto a string. Works great attracting bait fish. Merry Christmas :xmasicon_mrgreen:
Is "basstiality" the same as sleeping with the fishes?

Posted Image

#5 00 mod

00 mod

Dink dropping how many lbers?

• Global Moderator
  • 6,830 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 07:05 PM

Make artificial structure that will stand for sure. Here are some of mine!

Jeff

Posted Image

PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE "SCROUNGA" CLUB

Please read the Forum FAQs

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Become a member for FREE!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#6 SoFlaBassAddict

SoFlaBassAddict

Why work when you can fish?

• Members
  • 4,195 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 08:41 PM

Make sure the ornaments are evenly distributed and to unplug the Christmas lights. Lots of times the cord gets tangled on the dock or other timber causing the tree to fall over. For a tree topper, I prefer a star over an angel. Angels aren't native to water and a star can resemble a starfish or crayfish. Also rather than using garland, thread popcorn onto a string. Works great attracting bait fish. Merry Christmas :xmasicon_mrgreen:

Winner.
Eric
------------------------
Personal Bests:

Largemouth: 10.73 lbs   (Everglades - Holiday Park)
Peacock:  6.36 lbs   (Residential Lake - Southwest Broward)

#7 Bluebasser86

Bluebasser86

60% of the time it works all the time!

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts

Posted July 12 2012 - 03:43 AM

They're easier to fish if they're laying down and you know what direction they're facing. That way you can pull the bait with the grain instead of against it, you're less likely to hang up that way.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by clicking the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#8 Nitrofreak

Nitrofreak

Professional Underwear Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted July 12 2012 - 06:07 AM

Nice LOL !!!

I prefer sky hooks and leave them in place until the tree begins to saturate and stand on it's own.

I personally like 00's bucket trees, they are very effective and hard to get snagged on.
Fishing is my idea of a good lip piercing!

I have also found that when it comes to friends, a good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but best friends will be right there beside you saying d**n that was fun !!!

#9 Mattlures

Mattlures

luck is an excuse!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted July 12 2012 - 02:26 PM

tie a closed empty 2 liter bottle to the top of the tree.

#10 Bassn Blvd

Bassn Blvd

KVD ain't got nothing on me!

• Members
  • 6,095 posts

Posted July 12 2012 - 11:56 PM

Don't matter what you do to make them upright because they're not going to last too long.

#11 joeshmoe916

joeshmoe916

Fry

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted July 14 2012 - 04:02 AM

i would assume you guys know the depth of what you put these into, so here is my main question.. how would a shore angler know what depth they are casting to?I am a pond fisherman and I have always wondered how a shore angler would go about getting a very accurate depth reading from shore.

#12 deaknh03

deaknh03

Nobody looks good with brown lipstick on.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted July 14 2012 - 10:07 AM

i would assume you guys know the depth of what you put these into, so here is my main question.. how would a shore angler know what depth they are casting to?I am a pond fisherman and I have always wondered how a shore angler would go about getting a very accurate depth reading from shore.

go swimming
Stupidity has a certain charm-ignorance does not.

#13 00 mod

00 mod

Dink dropping how many lbers?

• Global Moderator
  • 6,830 posts

Posted July 14 2012 - 11:06 AM

Get a jig and count it down in a body of water you kow the depth of(swiming pool) Easiest way is to find one combo that falls 1 foot per second. Then count it down as you cast it out!

Jeff

PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE "SCROUNGA" CLUB

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#14 joeshmoe916

joeshmoe916

Fry

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 12:30 PM

One of the ponds is not diveable whatsoever, the bass have parasites in their mouths, I am not willing to bet that they dont like human flesh.. Now the other ones I have caught the 9 and 8 lbers out of is a possibilty. it has been getting a bit merky though. what about a countdown rapala with the hooks either removed or covered completely?