• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Locationgeorgia
  • My PB:Between 6-7 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:pay lake i call " lilypad lake "

Posted January 14 2013 - 12:38 PM

hay guys, do you guys that live in GA have a preference around when the ga pre-spawn starts, what month. earley,mid, or late in the month, thanks guys !

#2 Got Em!

Got Em!

Fry

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 03:25 PM

It depends, I usually start my pre-spawn activity around mid - late February depending the weather conditions. But with this rain we are getting and the warmer weather, depending on the body of water, you could have some begin to stage sooner. I wouldn't bank on that simply because the weather is unstable right now, warm and rain, cold and dry...No real thermocline stability right now...Although I have caught plenty towards the end of February, allot depends on the water levels remaining high as they are currently on some waters, Lanier & West Pt are still down as it relates to Spots, LM will still seek out what vegetation there is. Varner, Black Shoals, Oconee, Jackson can be also be good

#3 Shoalamfishin

Shoalamfishin

Fish on!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMiddle Georgia
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:All three
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake Juliette, Ocmulgee River

Posted January 19 2013 - 02:12 PM

I don't know where you are thinking of in Georgia but with the warming weather we've had pre-spawn may be sooner than expected the end of this month may be it but its hard to tell. If we get a good cold snap it could easily throw things off. 

Fishing is a powerful thing; the feeling of nice fish on the end of your line is something hard to describe, but even more the feeling of sharing the joy and peace of fishing with friends and family is perhaps most uplifting. Teaching others about fishing and sharing memories is always an experience in itself that allows the angler to enjoy the great outdoors and all God's glory and perhaps even spread the word.

#4 Joe Houle

Joe Houle

Fry

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationThe beautiful mountains of North Georgia!
  • My PB:Between 5-6 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Spotted
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake Notteley, and Lake Lanier for smallies

Posted January 24 2013 - 07:39 AM

I just moved here in Apr.2012 near Lake Notteley. This is great info for me! Thanks so very, very much!!!!

#5 WartownBassin

WartownBassin

Shaky head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA
  • My PB:Between 9-10 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:All Middle GA Public Fishing Areas

Posted February 13 2013 - 12:06 PM

they are staging up pretty good around middle GA area. some of the fish ive been catching have had roe. Ive even seen a few bass making beds in some smaller ponds that warm up pretty quickly.

#6 Shoalamfishin

Shoalamfishin

Fish on!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMiddle Georgia

Posted February 13 2013 - 01:44 PM

Wartown how has the flood weather affected the fish? I haven't been out since the monsoon came in and doubt I'll get a chance until next weekend  :mad10:

I don't know the Warner Robins area too well, I'm a Jones county guy, but that good news to hear!!

Fishing is a powerful thing; the feeling of nice fish on the end of your line is something hard to describe, but even more the feeling of sharing the joy and peace of fishing with friends and family is perhaps most uplifting. Teaching others about fishing and sharing memories is always an experience in itself that allows the angler to enjoy the great outdoors and all God's glory and perhaps even spread the word.

#7 WartownBassin

WartownBassin

Shaky head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA
  • My PB:Between 9-10 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:All Middle GA Public Fishing Areas

Posted February 13 2013 - 04:02 PM

Wartown how has the flood weather affected the fish? I haven't been out since the monsoon came in and doubt I'll get a chance until next weekend  :mad10:

I don't know the Warner Robins area too well, I'm a Jones county guy, but that good news to hear!!

it hasn't affected them too much...the bite has slowed down a little bit but not much

#8 Shoalamfishin

Shoalamfishin

Fish on!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMiddle Georgia

Posted February 14 2013 - 01:37 PM

Awesome, thanks!! I know there's been some fat fish caught in the past couple weeks. I've had rough luck and not been able to get out as much recently, bad timing especially since its the best time for the nice fat fish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users