Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ghost

Yumbrella Ultralight Tripod

3 posts in this topic

I bought this yesterday to see what this umbrella rig is all about.  It's the least expensive and small enough to throw on a spinning or baitcast rig.

I bent the wires as per the package says...but it sometimes slow spins in the the water.  Is this normal for this rig or for that matter all umbrella rig?

Any of you own the Tripod and have this happen?

How do I go abouts the rig from not slow spinning on the retrieve?

Was this with baits on it or just the rig? I have one and don't have any problem with the rig spinning with 3 1/8oz heads on it. 

I have have good success with this rig. In my experience it will tend to roll if the arms are not spaced equidistantly from each other and/or if the baits on it are not rigged properly (for example not uniformly hooking baits). Honestly I don't know of the tripod turning on retrieve when properly weighted and rigged. I would suggest giving it a couple tries, throwing it several times before you rule it a defect for dumb bass.