Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationSoCali...as in SoCalifornia
  • My PB:Please Choose
  • Favorite Bass:Please Choose

Posted January 19 2013 - 10:03 PM

I bought this yesterday to see what this umbrella rig is all about.  It's the least expensive and small enough to throw on a spinning or baitcast rig.

I bent the wires as per the package says...but it sometimes slow spins in the the water.  Is this normal for this rig or for that matter all umbrella rig?

Any of you own the Tripod and have this happen?

How do I go abouts the rig from not slow spinning on the retrieve?

#2 Bluebasser86

Bluebasser86

60% of the time it works all the time!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,435 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/westgateclayton
  • LocationGardner, KS
  • My PB:Between 10-11 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:All three
  • Favorite Lake or River:Kansas:Largemouth-Wabaunsee, Smallmouth-Milford, Spots-Bourban State Lake.
    Missouri:Largemouth-Hazel Creek Lake, Smallmouth-Elk River, Spots-Table Rock

Posted January 20 2013 - 01:38 AM

Was this with baits on it or just the rig? I have one and don't have any problem with the rig spinning with 3 1/8oz heads on it. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

#3 Shoalamfishin

Shoalamfishin

Fish on!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMiddle Georgia
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:All three
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake Juliette, Ocmulgee River

Posted January 20 2013 - 08:01 AM

I have have good success with this rig. In my experience it will tend to roll if the arms are not spaced equidistantly from each other and/or if the baits on it are not rigged properly (for example not uniformly hooking baits). Honestly I don't know of the tripod turning on retrieve when properly weighted and rigged. I would suggest giving it a couple tries, throwing it several times before you rule it a defect for dumb bass.

Fishing is a powerful thing; the feeling of nice fish on the end of your line is something hard to describe, but even more the feeling of sharing the joy and peace of fishing with friends and family is perhaps most uplifting. Teaching others about fishing and sharing memories is always an experience in itself that allows the angler to enjoy the great outdoors and all God's glory and perhaps even spread the word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users