7 replies to this topic

#1 MrJtime

MrJtime

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 10:31 AM

Me and some buddies went smallie fishing on the Susquehanna River a few summers ago.  We caught some really nice bass and had a blast camping on an island in the middle of the river.  I hope you enjoy the slideshow.

#2 DarrenM

DarrenM

Kayak Fishing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Virginia
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Smallmouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lee Hall Reservoir

Posted February 01 2013 - 10:55 AM

Love the Susq. Never fished it but I always yearned to from when I was a kid and we'd travel along the river on Rte 15 thru PA. On our way to DC to visit the grandparents. I'd just stare out the window and imagine/daydream. Maybe someday....

-Darren

#3 Topwaterspook

Topwaterspook

Topwaterspook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationButler, Pennsylvania
  • My PB:Between 8-9 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:El Salto

Posted February 01 2013 - 03:56 PM

It's a shame that I'm as close as I am and don't take advantage of that river.

#4 flyfisher

flyfisher

Big 'un

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • LocationMechanicsville, VA

Posted February 01 2013 - 08:32 PM

The susky is one of my favorite rivers to fish. Where I like to fish is about 4 hours away and I have been known to leave my house at 2am fish all day and be home that same night. Luckily my dad bought a jet boat so next summer I hopefully won't be as tired since I won't have to paddle :)

#5 AFISHN

AFISHN

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSE,PA
  • Favorite Bass:Smallmouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:lake Erie

Posted February 02 2013 - 12:12 PM

Honestly:not name dropping,BUT when I moved from NY to Delaware in 1981, I booked a guide for 2 days of fishing the Susquehanna,to show me the ropes of catching SM.

He was awesome and I learned so much.PLUS:he was a really super nice guy/gentleman.Yup:Bob Clouser,before he was famous!!

He has since come(2004,2007) to speak at our fishing club(South Jersey Fly Fishers)  and is still the modest and consumate gentleman!

i fish the Susquehanna 4-6 times a  year and am always looking for company...just Pm if you want to join me

Tom  " ...when I'm not AFISHN,I'm a huntin' "

#6 PABASS

PABASS

Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Favorite Bass:All three
  • Favorite Lake or River:Susky

Posted February 05 2013 - 11:48 AM

The river is in my back yard, what an amazing water shed, it’s a shame of the issues happening with pollution.  I can walk to my honey hole and in the summer it’s my go to fishing area.  I have personally seen a 5#+ smallie in this area it was an amazing experience one I will never forgot and I didn’t even catch it lol..   I saw what I thought was a carp or maybe catfish in this shallow pool with fast flowing water to the left, she was facing the flow of the water a perfect setup for an ambush.   I approached slowly and she didn’t spoke, casted my line out and I was using a spider jig towards the edge of the flow, she went towards it and quickly went back to her spot, my only thought was it was too small or maybe she didn’t like the color, she came down the pool more and was in touching distance and I literally looked into her eye and she took off, man I wish I had the lure on that she wanted it would have been a PB smallie for me.  All of this happened in less than a minute but it felt like a hour, I didn’t get a second chance to cast out.  Trust me on this I always hit that spot first lol..

#7 spropro

spropro

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLorton

Posted February 12 2013 - 11:20 AM

Nice to have the sis in ur backyard. I live about 10 min from the tidal Potomac.

#8 jhoffman

jhoffman

Shake This

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts
  • LocationBellefonte, PA
  • My PB:Between 6-7 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Smallmouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Juniata/Susquehanna, Raystown, Chautauqua

Posted February 15 2013 - 03:04 PM

the sus is in major trouble... major trouble. ranked in the top 100 bodies of water by bassmaster if something doesnt change its going to be a wasteland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users