Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alberto-1

Cedar Lake Bass Breaks State Record!!!!

19 posts in this topic

Dale Miller of Panama holds the new state record largemouth bass, a 14-pound, 13.7-ounce fish caught from Cedar Lake in eastern Oklahoma.

See Full Story here:  http://www.fishhound.com/article/states-largemouth-bass-record-broken

Large numbers of big bass have been caught on The Rig.

Why?

Large numbers of big bass have been caught on The Rig.

Why?

Because! :P

Large numbers of big bass have been caught on The Rig. Why?
fish logic. :P but for real, I think its because large bass are opportunistic feeders. They may think that once they eat one baitfish, the others will be confused and stressed and can be easily picked off. Just a thought. :)

My guess is everyone is fishing it.  If everyone drove Ferrari's I'm pretty sure you'd see an increase in speeding tickets.

2 people like this

I've considered getting one but every time I look at it I just think that's not how I want to fish. May as well just go snagging with a 5/0 treble hook.

Two record bass out of Cedar Lake in just under a year! That little 78 acre lake just became the most popular bass lake in our state. I had planned to haul my yak over there before the end of the month, but I think I'll wait a year or two now...I think it's about to get crowded for a while. Congrats to Mr. Miller.

Hopefully folks are practicing catch and release to keep the bass growing.

Two record bass out of Cedar Lake in just under a year! That little 78 acre lake just became the most popular bass lake in our state. I had planned to haul my yak over there before the end of the month, but I think I'll wait a year or two now...I think it's about to get crowded for a while. Congrats to Mr. Miller.

I agree, I was thinking about going as well but it will be kayak to kayak, jon bot to jon boat.  I believe you can not have a gas motor on it at all right?

Time to go see what the fuss is all about.

I agree, I was thinking about going as well but it will be kayak to kayak, jon bot to jon boat.  I believe you can not have a gas motor on it at all right?

I'm not sure...I hope it has a "no wake" rule at the very least.

That's awesome to see another record bass though :P  Time to make a road trip!

Very cool that they intend to release the fish back.  No need to keep that beauty when you can have a proper replica made.

Let me check my notes; I think my wife said she would like to move to Oklahoma some day.

Let me check my notes; I think my wife said she would like to move to Oklahoma some day.

Hey as long as you catch the big one right.

The Alabama rig is deadly on pulling the BIG fish from suspended schools or regular schools of fish.  Last year, when it was all the RAGE I used it around schoolers and managed to pull the larger fish compared to other lures such as lipless, cranks, topwater, spinnerbaits, etc.

The Alabama rig is deadly on pulling the BIG fish from suspended schools or regular schools of fish.  Last year, when it was all the RAGE I used it around schoolers and managed to pull the larger fish compared to other lures such as lipless, cranks, topwater, spinnerbaits, etc.

Where the other lures the same size as the ones on the alabama rig?

Where the other lures the same size as the ones on the alabama rig?

Some of the topwaters were longer and the spinnerbaits most likely had a larger profile than the Shad imitation soft plastics I use when rigging my umbrella rig and some lipless lures were close to the same in size, but I really think the "bait ball" effect draws the HAWG bass out of the school.

Some of the topwaters were longer and the spinnerbaits most likely had a larger profile than the Shad imitation soft plastics I use when rigging my umbrella rig and some lipless lures were close to the same in size, but I really think the "bait ball" effect draws the HAWG bass out of the school.

Interesting. I guess the larger fish are more confident to break off from  the protection of the school to chase down some food.