Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SudburyBasser

Fukae Wins Paa Tournament On Douglas Lake, Tn

6 posts in this topic

My boy Shin Fukae has been a bit snake bit of late but he pulled out a victory at a PAA event on Douglas Lake in Tennessee this weekend, beating both FLW and BASS competitors. Nicely done Shin!

Way to go Shin! He's a guy who'se technique I follow!

That's our local lake, and I'm pretty sure every pro out on the lake threw some version of the A Rig.

Just got back from the tournament. Won the co-angler division. Fished with two locals who came in 57th and 92nd, but were great guys to fish with and my thanks go out to them. Had almost 19lbs in 5 fish using a a-rig. Caught one 3 lber on a chatterbait. The weather was all over the map from freezing line guides to rain, snow, sunny,40 mph winds to calm. If you guys ever get a chance to fish the PAA you should. I learned alot. It was my first time as a co-angler in years, and I wont be the same boater next time out because of it.

Congrats on your victory!

Just got back from the tournament. Won the co-angler division. Fished with two locals who came in 57th and 92nd, but were great guys to fish with and my thanks go out to them. Had almost 19lbs in 5 fish using a a-rig. Caught one 3 lber on a chatterbait. The weather was all over the map from freezing line guides to rain, snow, sunny,40 mph winds to calm. If you guys ever get a chance to fish the PAA you should. I learned alot. It was my first time as a co-angler in years, and I wont be the same boater next time out because of it.

March weather here in East TN is brutally erratic. Congrats on the victory. We have another tournament out here on Douglas during the next few days, so I'm sure everyone will follow the same formula for big bags as you PAA guys did. Seems the A-rig really shines out on our lake.