Rippin Lips...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Twitter:@Buckmaxxmineral
  • My PB:Between 9-10 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth

Posted April 09 2013 - 09:31 PM

I am trying to become a more diverse fisherman. I am putting away my mainstay confidence baits like a senko and white spinnerbait. I know I can catch fish on either of those in a pinch. I have been doing some research on the chatterbaits. I personally have never fished them, I know a lot of guys do. Is it worth investing $100 to build a box of them? What is your honest opinion of them? What colors produce the best for you? Thanks!!
Super Sexy '92 Ranger DC 482v, 150 Merc, Hyd Jack, Hotfoot, Pure Bad...

ALL THE GIRLS WANNA RIDE.... ~Jawga Boys~

#2 Snakehead Whisperer

Snakehead Whisperer

I talk to the animals.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • LocationWashington DC
  • My PB:Between 11-12 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Smallmouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Potomac River

Posted April 09 2013 - 09:43 PM

Get a black/blue one and a chart/white/blue one. $10 and you're good to go.

#3 zip pow

zip pow

I've fished almost everyday of my life and wasted the rest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationRainsville alabama
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Spotted
  • Favorite Lake or River:Any Tennessee river lake

Posted April 09 2013 - 09:48 PM

First yes spend a hundred or two on chatterbaits secondly post in the right place and you'll get more responses and the mods won't be moving you post around and Glenn will be a happier man. This should have been posted in Fishing Tackle.
" CHUNK AND WINED"

#4 wakeeater

wakeeater

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Locationknox vegas, tn
  • My PB:Between 12-13 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:fort loudon aka fort nasty

Posted April 09 2013 - 09:48 PM

you don't need $100 worth at all.  i've got 10 chatterbaits & they are one of my go to lures.

#5 rbreedi1

rbreedi1

Dink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Favorite Bass:All three
  • Favorite Lake or River:Chickamauga Lake

Posted April 09 2013 - 10:25 PM

You definately don't need $100 worth of chatterbaits in my opinion.. Pick up a few and try them out. I've got a few in white and black/blue and that does me just fine!

#6 BuckMaxx

BuckMaxx

Rippin Lips...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Twitter:@Buckmaxxmineral

Posted April 09 2013 - 10:25 PM

Oops my fault! I will know next time. Sorry.
Super Sexy '92 Ranger DC 482v, 150 Merc, Hyd Jack, Hotfoot, Pure Bad...

ALL THE GIRLS WANNA RIDE.... ~Jawga Boys~

#7 rockchalk06

rockchalk06

Rock Chalk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts
  • LocationEdmond Oklahoma
  • My PB:Between 4-5 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Wilson Lake

Posted April 09 2013 - 10:34 PM

First yes spend a hundred or two on chatterbaits secondly post in the right place and you'll get more responses and the mods won't be moving you post around and Glenn will be a happier man. This should have been posted in Fishing Tackle.

I bet we can search your posts and never find a post that was in the incorrect spot or moved right? Mmmkay back to reality.

Telling someone to spend 200 bucks on new bait is absurd and plain stupid.

To the original poster, try 3-4 models first to see if you like them. Give white a shot. If it works on a spinnerbait in your waters chances are it will work with a chatterbait.

Check academy sports. They have sales on chatterbaits all the time. I bought 9 Zman's for 1.50 a piece last month.

#8 zip pow

zip pow

I've fished almost everyday of my life and wasted the rest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationRainsville alabama
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Spotted
  • Favorite Lake or River:Any Tennessee river lake

Posted April 09 2013 - 10:47 PM

Someone's been drinking I see. I bet we can search your posts and never find a post that was in the incorrect spot or moved right? Mmmkay back to reality.
To the original poster, try 3-4 models first to see if you like them. Give white a shot. If it works on a spinnerbait in your waters chances are it will work with a chatterbait.
Check academy sports. They have sales on chatterbaits all the time. I bought 9 Zman's for 1.50 a piece last month.

Just the facts I can't do anything have way I dive in . I personally bought four colors from seven or eight company's different weights and colors and colored blades so I can honestly say I had never even seen one work before I spent a couple hundred bucks. In fact I ordered a couple hundred bucks worth of Huddleston swimbaits and I never even seen one in real life.That's just me and how I do with fishing equipment. Sure you can get some to try but I know they work its proven spend what you want on tackle if he buys just one I bet he catches fish then he spends a hundred bucks. By the way my favorite is a phenix vibrating jig in watermelon black flake with black blade in 3/8 oz. Also I posted in the wrong place and the wrong way several times but with kind instructions I figured it out .I'm not throwing rocks at anybody just trying to help.
" CHUNK AND WINED"

#9 ataris41

ataris41

Nothing is Impossible

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Twitter:jrose196
  • LocationSt. Robert, Missouri
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Kentucky Lake and Table Rock

Posted April 09 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hey, I made one from an old altoide can lid. It does not really fell too strong, but it may be able to help you get some confidence before buying one. Ive caught a handful of fish on that one before buying a few at the store.  I dont know if they still make them, but the Gambler chatterbaits were pretty nice. As for color, I like the chartreuse/white, white, and black blue. Those 3 colors should be all you need, for real.

#10 Bluebasser86

Bluebasser86

60% of the time it works all the time!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,704 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/westgateclayton
  • LocationGardner, KS
  • My PB:Between 10-11 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:All three
  • Favorite Lake or River:Kansas:Largemouth-Wabaunsee, Smallmouth-Milford, Spots-Wilson State Lake.
    Missouri:Largemouth-Hazel Creek Lake, Smallmouth-Elk River, Spots-Table Rock

Posted April 10 2013 - 12:38 AM

Get a black/blue, solid white, and firetiger and you're good to go. I like the 3/8oz size and for some reason it seems like I always do better with some kind of trailer on my chatterbaits. I like things like a split tail spinnerbait trailer, half a trick worm, single tail grubs, half a senko, or a paddletail swimbait. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

#11 TNBassin'

TNBassin'

Crankin' it DEEEEEP

• Floater
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/jason.kraklau?ref=tn_tnmn
  • LocationDandridge, Tennessee
  • My PB:Between 5-6 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Smallmouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Douglas Lake, Dale Hollow

Posted April 10 2013 - 02:24 AM

I bet we can search your posts and never find a post that was in the incorrect spot or moved right? Mmmkay back to reality.

Get'em Rock!

#12 bwillis

bwillis

Dink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationConcord, NH
  • My PB:Between 6-7 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Horseshoe Pond, Concord, NH

Posted April 10 2013 - 05:09 AM

Overstockbait.com has 3 different colors on sale for like $1.79, grab 1 or 2 of each and give 'em a shot.

#13 Teal

Teal

Fish, Pray, Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
  • LocationNC
  • My PB:Between 8-9 lbs

Posted April 10 2013 - 05:11 AM

Def dont need that much. I get the D&M Custom baits Pirhana and its 7.99 i think ive got 5 of them. Being a new technique, i would go for low cost quality chatterbaits and ease your way into it and let your success decide weatherr you want to spend that much.

I would find sales for the orginal chatterbait, ( they re on sale all the time) buy three or four in your favorite colors and go from there.

#14 TNBassin'

TNBassin'

Crankin' it DEEEEEP

• Floater
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/jason.kraklau?ref=tn_tnmn
  • LocationDandridge, Tennessee
  • My PB:Between 5-6 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Smallmouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Douglas Lake, Dale Hollow

Posted April 10 2013 - 06:45 AM

I have a few Boogee baits and a few chatter baits, and I have yet to get a fish on any of them. What's the best way to fish these? I'm sure the OP wants to know as well.

#15 bocabasser

bocabasser

hook sets are free

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Locationsouth florida
  • My PB:Between 11-12 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:okeechobee, loxahatchee, everglades

Posted April 10 2013 - 07:53 AM

grab 2 or 3 of them. get a dark one and a light one. i also love the phoenix vibrating jigs. before the original chatterbaits were sold to another company, they were the best imo. since the other company pruchased them, the quality of the bait plummeted imo. the 3 i would go with are: black/blue, watermelon black flake, and white. hope this helps.

King of the Glades Trail Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users