Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AR21angler

Vintage Fly Reels

9 posts in this topic

hey guys I was just wondering if any of you guys have knowledge of old fly reels I just picked up a old hardy the perfect fly reel in good condition for 10 bucks with a extra spool the reels says the perfect 3 1/8 and is cosmetically in good condition is this a good little reel and is it worth anything thanks  

A Hardy Perfect if its Made In England and in very good condition is most certainly worth more than $10.  Check out thebasspond or faol and you can get lots of info on its value.

hey guys I was just wondering if any of you guys have knowledge of old fly reels I just picked up a old hardy the perfect fly reel in good condition for 10 bucks with a extra spool the reels says the perfect 3 1/8 and is cosmetically in good condition is this a good little reel and is it worth anything thanks  

That reel is a CLASSIC!!!! Man if you picked one up for $10 you got a steal!! All you have to do is clean & grease it and it will last a lifetime! Most guys these days go for Large Arbor reels here in America so you don't see as many around, however they are extremely popular in Europe. If I had a vintage Hardy I would keep it with my collection of vintage gear I display at home. I have been fly fishing since I was knee high to a grasshopper and have collected quite a few classics over the years, but that reel has not been one of them unfortunately. Enjoy your catch!

pics I kind of want to fish this baby

By all means fish it!!! I would! Then it would be going in my display case!  :eyebrows: I'm a sucker for classic & antique flyfishing gear. As long as you dont do anything crazy you are not going to hurt that thing. Those reels are built to last a lifetime!