Kicker

• BassResource.com Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Facebook:www.facebook.com/hawgtech
  • LocationFort Lauderdale, FL
  • My PB:Between 9-10 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Whichever one I'm fishing...

Posted June 08 2013 - 01:30 PM

Shipping will cost me $28 per order to Canada via USPS Priority Mail. I would like to purchase 10 bearings to save 20% on my order, any chance you can ship with a cheaper method like in a letter envelope First Class International? It'll only cost like $4, but no tracking.

TrippyJai,

Sure, I will ship USPS first class to you.  Just send me a note at support@hawgtech.com and I will send you an invoice which has the appropriate discounts applied.

Mike

#17 JeziHogg

JeziHogg

You cannot climb the ladder of success with your hands in your p

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationPetawawa, ON, Canada
  • My PB:Between 10-11 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Smallmouth

Posted June 08 2013 - 01:46 PM

In the video it shows u changing 2 bearings. With  my Gen3 Revo Winches there is also a bearing on the spool shaft does that need to be changed out aswell?

#18 Flucobaseball

Flucobaseball

Fry

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted June 10 2013 - 06:54 PM

I have a dumb question.  I just got my new Pinnacle Optimus LTE 7:3:1 reel and was considering purchasing these ceramic bearings.  However, I cannot figure out what size bearings the reel has.  I've looked in the manual and cannot find it and haven't found it through google either.  Does anyone know how to figure this out?

#19 piscicidal

piscicidal

Kicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted June 10 2013 - 08:26 PM

Flucobaseball,

Give me a day or two and I will check what size the spool bearings are in that Pinnacle Optimus reel.

Mike

#20 Flucobaseball

Flucobaseball

Fry

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted June 10 2013 - 10:17 PM

Thanks man.  I appreciate that.

#21 POPRG

POPRG

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • My PB:Please Choose

Posted June 10 2013 - 10:53 PM

Was interested in a set or two for the abu STX [gen. 2] reels but did not see them listed in the charts for abus? only shows "non-revo" models?

#22 Delaware Valley Tackle

Delaware Valley Tackle

I Love Bass Fishing!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts
  • Facebook:100001517419739#!/pages/Milford-PA/Delaware-Valley
  • LocationFort Plain, NY
    Mohawk River Valley
  • Favorite Bass:Smallmouth

Posted June 10 2013 - 11:03 PM

In the video it shows u changing 2 bearings. With  my Gen3 Revo Winches there is also a bearing on the spool shaft does that need to be changed out aswell?

Actually in reels like the Revo and Daiwas the bearing under the cast control is taken out of the equation by the full floating spool design. It is just there to support the pinion shaft during retrieve. On these models you replace the brake side bearing and the one on the spool. This will require a special tool to remove the spool shaft pin.

10% Disc. on Reel Repair/Service & Custom Rods for BassResource.com members! www.delawarevalleytackle.com

#23 piscicidal

piscicidal

Kicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted June 12 2013 - 10:30 PM

Flucobaseball,

I got my hands on a Pinnacle Optimus LTE tonight.  The brake side bearing is 3X10X4- the same size as I am selling.  The handle side however is 3X8X4.  I d o not have that size...sorry.

On the bright side though, It appears you have a nice little reel.    I put a red Hawg Handle on it for some picture and I'm liking it...the red accents match perfectly.   The 7.3 gear ratio is pretty sweet and I like the flipping switch on it.  I would like to try this reel out some day. 

CIMG2607-sm_zpse58f708a.jpg

#24 Flucobaseball

Flucobaseball

Fry

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted June 12 2013 - 10:40 PM

I appreciate you doing this for me.  So the important question now is whether it's worthless to change only one side right now or would there still be some benefit in doing this?  That is a good looking handle.  I may have to try one out eventually.  

#25 piscicidal

piscicidal

Kicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted June 12 2013 - 10:54 PM

Fluco,

I would recommend replacing both. 

#26 Flucobaseball

Flucobaseball

Fry

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted June 13 2013 - 12:01 AM

Okay thank you.  I will get the one from you since you have been so helpful and search for the other somewhere else.

#27 piscicidal

piscicidal

Kicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted June 13 2013 - 12:08 AM

Was interested in a set or two for the abu STX [gen. 2] reels but did not see them listed in the charts for abus? only shows "non-revo" models?

POPRG,

Sorry for the delay....I finally got my hands on a revo SX tonight. 

The side cover bearing is 3 X 10 X 4  (which I carry) and the spool bearing is 5 X 11 X 4 (which I do not carry).    You would want to replace both these bearings to get the desired performance improvement.  As Mike (DVT) mentioned, there is a third bearing on the pinion shaft, under the cast control...this bearing is also 3X10X4 and apparently does not come into play in freespool.

I know you have a STX, and while I am not 100% certain that the bearing sizes are the same as this SX, I am quite certain that the spool bearing on the STX will not be the 3X10X4 size that I carry right now.

#28 skeletor6

skeletor6

sEnSiTiVitY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationMount Pleasant, Michigan
  • My PB:Between 3-4 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Clifford Lake, Mona Lake, Bills Lake

Posted June 13 2013 - 02:14 AM

Cool Video. Interesting to see the improvements from start to finish. As pointed out, a little oil will slow down the free-spool times. This is important for those who may be worried about controlling their casts or about the noise-made. My ceramic hybrids Abec 9's aren't loud or a nuisance at all. These bearings really help to achieve similar distances with less effort. Also, start up speed is less allowing lighter baits to cast. Great to see a respected company giving the marketplace more competition. It's great for us consumers. 

#29 21farms

21farms

Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Locationcalifornia delta
  • Favorite Bass:All three

Posted June 13 2013 - 04:55 PM

even though my lew's also have a bearing on the spool shaft that i wasn't able to change yet, i still think it's worthwhile to change the bearings in the sideplate and under the cast control knob. i saw a significant increase in free spool on my BB1. eventually, i'm going to order the boca spool pin pliers and change out the spool bearings too.

Posted Image

#30 kickerfish1

kickerfish1

Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • LocationNebraska
  • My PB:Between 6-7 lbs

Posted June 13 2013 - 05:40 PM

Flucobaseball,

I got my hands on a Pinnacle Optimus LTE tonight. The brake side bearing is 3X10X4- the same size as I am selling. The handle side however is 3X8X4. I d o not have that size...sorry.

On the bright side though, It appears you have a nice little reel. I put a red Hawg Handle on it for some picture and I'm liking it...the red accents match perfectly. The 7.3 gear ratio is pretty sweet and I like the flipping switch on it. I would like to try this reel out some day.

CIMG2607-sm_zpse58f708a.jpg

Sharp looking reel! Almost like a "poormans" pixy. Would match up with a dobyns savy series rod to a "T".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users