Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dpeels37354

Tennessee Smallmouth

24 posts in this topic

Can anyone from TN help me out on where to fish for smallmouth?

Lakes, either Percy priest & dale hollow are my Tennessee favorites center hill is always overlooked

Where are they at?

Pull em up on google earth

I fish Priest from the bank on a regular basis and from boats for about 20 years now.  I have only caught 3-4 Small mouth, granted 2-3 pounders on that lake. The biggest thing at priest now is the shear volume of people with recreational vehicles using it.

Well I'd start hiring a guide or something so you can learn a little more about the lake.

Are there smallmouth in center hill?

Thanks for the advice...

Yes center does, lake Norris is hot! But there's a lot of boaters out there. Nite fishing is key.....

Tim's ford n Wilson are also both good

Any lakes in eastern tn? Norris is about 2 hours from me.

Any ideas on what to look for in the water and where to cast?

Steep Rocky breaks near a creek or river channel

You're in a great area for smallies. The Ocoee, the Hiwassee, and their tributaries are all good for smallies. Upper Ft Loudon Lake and above that Chilhowee Lake have some great smallie action. Abrams creek where it empties into Chilhowee and then upstream I great as well, some bigger-than-you'd-ever-believe fish up there. Small jigs, rebel craws, spooks and trick woms or soft jerk baits were all I ever needed.

Rocky areas with some current and/or depth are where you want to be. A little logjam in the creeks all the more better.

PS- Isn't Benton's Smokehouse in Madisonville? That's some good stuff. I used to work with their daughter.

Below Wheeler, Wilson and Pickwick dams in the fall and winter is best.

Rocky areas with some current and/or depth are where you want to be. A little logjam in the creeks all the more better.

PS- Isn't Benton's Smokehouse in Madisonville? That's some good stuff. I used to work with their daughter.

Yes it is and it is very good stuff lol.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

French broad river smallies is where its at. Where do you live?

Madisonville it's about one hour south east of Knoxville

I live in sevierville so if you ever make it over this way ill show ya a few places.

I'd take him up on that, back in college I used to catch tons of smallies right in Sevierville, just find a bridge and fish.

I live in sevierville so if you ever make it over this way ill show ya a few places.

Alright sounds good thanks.

Just moved here to Tenn a couple years ago and have found Norris amazing in the winter. Will not intentionally go back there in summer ever again. At least during the day. Well maybe if I didn't mind the wait at the ramps, and feeling like a target for all the pontoon boats and skiers!!

Tight Lines

Just moved here to Tenn a couple years ago and have found Norris amazing in the winter. Will not intentionally go back there in summer ever again. At least during the day. Well maybe if I didn't mind the wait at the ramps, and feeling like a target for all the pontoon boats and skiers!!

Tight Lines

Yeah I know what you mean I was up at Norris on a pontoon boat the 4th of July lol I'm probably going to go to Watts Bar or Tellico as soon as this rain stops.