• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.cox.9484
  • LocationMoore, OK
  • My PB:Between 4-5 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake FT.Gibson

Posted August 11 2013 - 10:01 PM

I was thinking of trying to mount my Ipad2 in a water proof case and put it on my boat for use as a resource for reference while I'm out fishing.  But the Internet is a vast world of sites and information that an Ipad may or may not be able to access.  That brings me to my question.  Has anyone ever mounted a Toughbook laptop in their boat?  The device is water proof and battery life can be great and I have access to a couple from work that we aren't using at all and I have a MIFI device that I have proven connectivity to for all of the lakes in the area I'd like to fish.  The other bonus is these laptops also have a serial port on them so if I could find a sonar device to connect up that would be great. 

#2 Scott F

Scott F

Smallie Chaser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • LocationJoliet, IL
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Smallmouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Not telling

Posted August 12 2013 - 07:38 PM

Before you go to any trouble, have you tried looking at the screen in full daylight?

If I ever had to run for my life……I would probably die.

#3 JCOX2011

JCOX2011

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.cox.9484
  • LocationMoore, OK
  • My PB:Between 4-5 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake FT.Gibson

Posted August 13 2013 - 08:43 AM

Before you go to any trouble, have you tried looking at the screen in full daylight?

I have had the chance to check the Toughbook in the daylight and it works fine for me. I think the reason is that these have a TFT Matrix screen much like you would see on the older IBM / Lenovo  ThinkPad laptops.  But in thinking about the entire idea I may be trying to complicate the fishing process.  But I'll give it a shot and see how it works out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users