Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rich Tehan

Daiichi Standout Drop Shot Hook

8 posts in this topic

Would anyone recommend this?  What sizes?

I have used them and like them, if you are going to wacky or nose hook go with the smaller size, if you are going to texas rig it, go with the bigger size.  I have both sizes for both applications.

I don't like them, I prefer Owner mosquito hooks

I bought me a pack as well 1/0. I haven't caught anything on them and after I've read the reviews where they claim they're very dull. So if get a pack keep a check on that.

I have sharpened these hooks after the tip has caught on rocks before, but I've never had problems with dullness out of the package.  Also, there's no question that for baits that aren't very buoyant the stand out action helps.  I do often use Owner mosquito hooks for smaller offerings and wacky depending on the bait.

hmmm, i never knew that the standout hooks are made by daiichi. when i first started dropshotting, i used 'em but quickly came to not trust them. they're not sticky sharp out of the package, don't hold their point well, and i've missed many strikes using them...i think the bottom arm gets in the way of hooksets. anyway, i switched to gamakatsu dropshot hooks and have never looked back.

that's all for the info

I had trouble with them turning over and getting wrapped up on the cast.