Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doyle8218

Pflueger Patriarch Casting Reels

6 posts in this topic

anyone that has or has had a Pflueger Patriarch Casting Reel - what is your opinion compared to an abu, lews or such?

I have the Patriarch xt that came out 2-3 years ago, and I love it. It's the only reel I use that is not JDM, and is in my regular lineup. I had a custom spiral wrapped rod made for it, and it performs and looks awesome. I had a Patriarch 64wlp before that, I really like that one a lot as well, until it ended up somewhere deep in a lake.

1 person likes this

Those three are all built on the same platform. There are some minor differences but just going with the best deal is not a bad way to go.

1 person likes this

I have Patriarch's and Patriarch XT's.  They are awesome reels and highly underrated.  The dual braking is great and my reels are buttery smooth.  I don't own Revo's or Lew's but like DVT said, there shouldn't really be much difference, at least internally.  To me, the Patriarch's palm much better than the Revo's, I haven't fished Lew's to compare.

I have the Patriarch xt that came out 2-3 years ago, and I love it. It's the only reel I use that is not JDM, and is in my regular lineup. I had a custom spiral wrapped rod made for it, and it performs and looks awesome. I had a Patriarch 64wlp before that, I really like that one a lot as well, until it ended up somewhere deep in a lake.

So you have the opposite problem I do, mine is with things above and you lose your gear below. LOL Now I don't feel so bad at least mine was just a lure......

1 person likes this

So you have the opposite problem I do, mine is with things above and you loose your gear below. LOL Now I don't feel so bad at least mine was just a lure......

Nice one. I have lost 0 lures since this combo fell in the lake 4 years ago. Great I just jinxed myself.

1 person likes this