Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KYntucky Warmouth

Owner Cultiva Rip'n Minnow 65

10 posts in this topic

RipnMinnow65.jpg

I bought some from Sportsmans Warehouse for around $3-4 when they closed the store but now that they opened back up, they don't carry them. I then found them at a local tackle shop that sold them for $9.99 but they stopped carrying the Cultiva baits as well. I was trying to find them somewhere that I could save on the shipping but Tackle Warehouse only sells the 80 and BTD doesnt carry them. Anyone seen these online anywhere, the only place I can find them is on Owner's site.

Also, anyone know of any similar baits? They are 2-5/8'' (65mm) long, 1/4oz, and suspend around 4-5 feet I believe. I have some pointer 78s but the smaller owner outfishes them hands down. I know they make a 65 pointer but it seems hard to find and only available in certain colors.

thanks... Ive never used either of those sites but it looks like time to try one

A somewhat similar bait is the Yo-Zuri Hardcore Shad HS60 suspending. It dives to 6 feet. I catch a ton of fish on these little baits.

f677_hsm.jpg

http://www.yo-zuri.com/

thanks micro, I have used the hardcore drums and hardcore crankbaits and really like them. 

The 3D minnows look really good as well, may try them out.

I have a handful of the cultiva Rip'n minnows, I got them from a buddy that bought a ton of them out on a west coast trip. They are kind of small IMO, but they do get bit.  I get mostly small bass with them, and a lot of bluegill and crappie.

I love the Owner baits! I love not having to change hooks as I ONLY fish Owner hooks and everyone of the baits they make are awesome! I really love this one and the popper! it has to be my fav only behind the Megabass PopX I like it better then my Yello magics!

I buy mine from a local store here and they sell them to me for 7 dollars each if I buy 4 or more and if you buy 1-3 they are 9.99 each.

They ship and over 35 dollars is free shipping if you want the name ofthe store PM me and ill give it to you.

I have a few of these little guys, remember catching bass on 12 straight cast one time with this bait in a Baby Bass color a few years back and has been mentioned panfish will slurp 'em up. Good numbers bait but I haven't used it in a while because it seemed to attract to many small fish. That said it's good to have a few if there is a tough bite.

Thanks for the replys guys.  They are a really good numbers bait for me.  The lake I fish gets hammered during the spring and summer, sometimes close to or over 100 boats.  That's a good number of boats for 784 acres.  It's considered a "trophy" lake and definitely gets hit hard.  I've found my best producers are smaller profiled baits like finesse jigs, 4" dropshots, smaller shakey head worms, and these small jerkbaits.  On a slow day, the owner can catch a good number of fish and multiple species at that.  They can turn a bad day pretty quick.  I have only caught one verified keeper (>20'') on a tube but the rip n' minnow has come close several times. Just look at this beast  :)

dc52a6d6.jpg

Short and thick, nice little chunk right there