bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Owner Cultiva Rip'n Minnow 65

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 KYntucky Warmouth

KYntucky Warmouth

Big 'un

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted December 03 2010 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image

I bought some from Sportsmans Warehouse for around $3-4 when they closed the store but now that they opened back up, they don't carry them. I then found them at a local tackle shop that sold them for $9.99 but they stopped carrying the Cultiva baits as well. I was trying to find them somewhere that I could save on the shipping but Tackle Warehouse only sells the 80 and BTD doesnt carry them. Anyone seen these online anywhere, the only place I can find them is on Owner's site.

Also, anyone know of any similar baits? They are 2-5/8'' (65mm) long, 1/4oz, and suspend around 4-5 feet I believe. I have some pointer 78s but the smaller owner outfishes them hands down. I know they make a 65 pointer but it seems hard to find and only available in certain colors.

#2 BadBassWV

BadBassWV

I Reckon So!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted December 03 2010 - 11:52 AM

http://www.hooksette...RM65_p/rm65.htm

http://www.basstackl...r" field below.

#3 KYntucky Warmouth

KYntucky Warmouth

Big 'un

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted December 03 2010 - 12:46 PM

thanks... Ive never used either of those sites but it looks like time to try one

#4 Micro

Micro

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts

Posted December 04 2010 - 05:31 PM

A somewhat similar bait is the Yo-Zuri Hardcore Shad HS60 suspending. It dives to 6 feet. I catch a ton of fish on these little baits.

Posted Image

http://www.yo-zuri.com/
Regards,
Rowland

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.  ~Author Unknown

#5 KYntucky Warmouth

KYntucky Warmouth

Big 'un

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted December 04 2010 - 06:27 PM

thanks micro, I have used the hardcore drums and hardcore crankbaits and really like them. 

The 3D minnows look really good as well, may try them out.

#6 Avalonjohn44

Avalonjohn44

San Diego Jammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted December 05 2010 - 09:23 PM

I have a handful of the cultiva Rip'n minnows, I got them from a buddy that bought a ton of them out on a west coast trip. They are kind of small IMO, but they do get bit.  I get mostly small bass with them, and a lot of bluegill and crappie.

"I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing."
-Izaak Walton

"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret."

-Roderick Haig-Brown

"If all politicians fished instead of spoke publicly, we would be at peace with the world."

-Will Rogers

#7 Lcomfort

Lcomfort

Jig+7'1 Steez ComplieX+TDZ Type R=Fish in the boat

• Floater
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted December 06 2010 - 05:13 PM

I love the Owner baits! I love not having to change hooks as I ONLY fish Owner hooks and everyone of the baits they make are awesome! I really love this one and the popper! it has to be my fav only behind the Megabass PopX I like it better then my Yello magics!

I buy mine from a local store here and they sell them to me for 7 dollars each if I buy 4 or more and if you buy 1-3 they are 9.99 each.

They ship and over 35 dollars is free shipping if you want the name ofthe store PM me and ill give it to you.
My 96 Toyota Supra TT, Tuned to 1074RWHP on 100OT pump gas. Built by Titan Motorsports In South Florida. car went 1292RWHP on the dyno on Sunoco Maximal 116 NO NOS and its a daily driver!!! Shes my baby. Running Twin T88's and WAY to much more to list lol. She will run low 9's in the 1/4 with DOT tires. She will eat a Busa for lunch and Lambos LOL a joke. anyone want to go for a ride? let me know.

#8 Primus

Primus

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted December 06 2010 - 09:50 PM

I have a few of these little guys, remember catching bass on 12 straight cast one time with this bait in a Baby Bass color a few years back and has been mentioned panfish will slurp 'em up. Good numbers bait but I haven't used it in a while because it seemed to attract to many small fish. That said it's good to have a few if there is a tough bite.

#9 KYntucky Warmouth

KYntucky Warmouth

Big 'un

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted December 07 2010 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for the replys guys.  They are a really good numbers bait for me.  The lake I fish gets hammered during the spring and summer, sometimes close to or over 100 boats.  That's a good number of boats for 784 acres.  It's considered a "trophy" lake and definitely gets hit hard.  I've found my best producers are smaller profiled baits like finesse jigs, 4" dropshots, smaller shakey head worms, and these small jerkbaits.  On a slow day, the owner can catch a good number of fish and multiple species at that.  They can turn a bad day pretty quick.  I have only caught one verified keeper (>20'') on a tube but the rip n' minnow has come close several times. Just look at this beast  :)
Posted Image

#10 The Bassinator

The Bassinator

Bass Love 'Em!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted December 07 2010 - 01:09 PM

Short and thick, nice little chunk right there
Hooksets are free, but lures aren't!