• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 toadspots

toadspots

Fry

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 16 2014 - 11:58 AM

Has anyone tried the new Duckett Ghost or Powell inferno Rods? I see TheFishRanger.com has them in stock but was looking for some reviews on them before I bought one or the other. 

#2 smalljaw67

smalljaw67

Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationMinersville, PA
  • My PB:Between 6-7 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Smallmouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Susquehanna River

Posted January 16 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'm not sure if cosmetics mean anything to you but I'd look seriously at a Fenwick HMG over both of those. You are talking around 100 dollars, the new HMG from Fenwick is super light, has a Fuji reel seat and the guided are Titanium frames with titanium inserts with a lifetime warranty. The Powell Inferno has stainless steel guided with stainless inserts so they won't pop out and will wear ok too but the Duckett Ghost rods have the stainless guides with a chrome insert, they aren't going to last, if you use braid you'll get 3, maybe 4 years and the guides will begin grooving. I'm also thinking the HMG has a better blank than the Duckett, I haven't picked up the Powell but for $100 the HMG is a lot of rod, fthe blanks are thinner and lighter than the old series with crisp actions and a lifetime warranty, check them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users