Brazos Kayak

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • My PB:Please Choose
  • Favorite Bass:Please Choose

Posted January 30 2014 - 11:25 AM

The best kayak under 600.I people on the river .Looking to buy 3 new fishing kayaks for my fleet.Ive been looking at apex10,scout12 or perception sport12 all are sitontops.Any suggestions.

#2 Brazos Kayak

Brazos Kayak

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Favorite Bass:Please Choose

Posted January 30 2014 - 11:27 AM

Typo .I take people on the river.

#3 flyfisher

flyfisher

Big 'un

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts
  • LocationMechanicsville, VA
  • My PB:Between 8-9 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Smallmouth

Posted January 30 2014 - 12:36 PM

I like the native redfish redfish 10 or 12 or the tarpon series from wildy is also goo but they are both about 100 over your 600 price.

#4 DarrenM

DarrenM

Kayak Fishing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Virginia
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Newport News Park, Harwood's Mill Reservoir

Posted January 30 2014 - 01:24 PM

I like the native redfish redfish 10 or 12 or the tarpon series from wildy is also goo but they are both about 100 over your 600 price.

I'll second these yaks. You might have to hit Craigslist to find one in your price range. Or if you have a local kayak outfit, see if they have any demo models they're selling.

-Darren

#5 Jay Ell Gee

Jay Ell Gee

FINALLY... It's topwater season!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationDenham Springs, Louisiana
  • My PB:Between 6-7 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Spotted

Posted January 30 2014 - 01:38 PM

The Pescador 12 is a solid kayak and definitely worth a look. I have one and when I upgraded to an Ultimate 14.5, the girlfriend got the Pescador. She absolutely loves it as well. My PB bass in my Avatar pic was caught in it.

For what it's worth, Bass Pro Shops is clearancing out their Ascend D10T SOT's at 349.99. At 10 ft long and 36 inches wide they are hardly speed demons, but they are great beginner kayaks and would be a good choice for calmer moving water. They are crazy stable and some people even stand in them.

#6 basshead1

basshead1

milkman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationFort Myers
  • Favorite Bass:All three
  • Favorite Lake or River:Orange River

Posted January 30 2014 - 03:12 PM

I also have a Pescador 12 and love it. They are rebadged Tarpons. My buddy has a 2006 Tarpon and it is identical but the Tarpon came with bags inside the hatches.

#7 flyfisher

flyfisher

Big 'un

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts
  • LocationMechanicsville, VA

Posted January 30 2014 - 03:14 PM

I also have a Pescador 12. They are rebadged Tarpons. My buddy has a 2006 Tarpon and it is identical but the Tarpon came with bags inside the hatches.

You are correct but it is not the current model tarpon, it is 2 generations ago i believe.  Still a good boat though without question.

#8 Tugmaster

Tugmaster

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNorth Stonington, Connecticut

Posted January 30 2014 - 05:20 PM

X2 on Craig's list. eBay also. I bought my $900 dollar kayak on eBay for $600 delivered to my door. Also Bass Pro shops has some decent kayaks in your price range. I've never paddled one of the BPS boats but they get good reviews. Todd

#9 c.rushing2010

c.rushing2010

Colby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth

Posted February 03 2014 - 02:54 PM

Locally, I have picked up the perception pescador 12 for $350 and gave it to my girlfriend. Great boat for the money. I got my Native ultimate 14.5 used for $500 and my Ocean Kayak Trident 13 for $600. The best bang for your buck is your local used market.

But for your needs, as mentioned, check out the pescador 12. I've found that people buy them as a first yak, then sell them for very decent prices when they want to upgrade.

#10 MikeinFresno

MikeinFresno

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFresno
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Eastman

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:01 PM

I agree that te best for that price range would be a used name brand unit...Ocean Kayak, Wilderness systems, etc. I see them here in CA for $500-600 with extras like FF, rod holders, upgraded seat, PFD, paddle.

#11 buzzed bait

buzzed bait

work is interfering with my fishing....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • My PB:Between 5-6 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake Juliette, Lake Oconee

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:08 PM

The Pescador 12 is a solid kayak and definitely worth a look. I have one and when I upgraded to an Ultimate 14.5, the girlfriend got the Pescador. She absolutely loves it as well. My PB bass in my Avatar pic was caught in it.

For what it's worth, Bass Pro Shops is clearancing out their Ascend D10T SOT's at 349.99. At 10 ft long and 36 inches wide they are hardly speed demons, but they are great beginner kayaks and would be a good choice for calmer moving water. They are crazy stable and some people even stand in them.

For what you want (other people using it) you need stable, durable and functional.  That's the Ascend kayaks in a nutshell.  I have the sit-in 10ft version and it's great.  If I had it to do again, i'd have gone with the 12ft sit on top but with a sedan and the weight it was an easy choice on the 10ft.  You'll be getting a great deal if they're really going for $350

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users