Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SMLangler

Time To Shake It Up

6 posts in this topic

Each year I try to focus on mastering a new style of fishing. This year I want to learn everything about shaky head for large and small mouth bass. I know the basics about it. But not the fine details amd I also need some help on finding so good quality hook to rig them on. I personally prefer the stand up jig over the rounded head style. Please give me as mush advice as you want.

haha...same here. I mostly fish from shore so a use other baits instead, but there is a tree by a deep pool in a pond near my house that overlooks a blow down in the water. I've taken a nap in it before (there is a crook in the tree about 7 feet off the ground.) From there I can see bass directly below me...so if I laid back in that crook, I could do some vertical jigging right below me. It wouldn't look weird at all.

Buckeye spot removers are what I have settled in with.  I used different ones and they seem to get hung less and hang onto fish better.  

Please give me as mush advice as you want.

Ok................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................done. I know it's not mush. But it's the best I can do.

I've found that Z-Man Finesse Wormz are deadly on a shaky head. They float and hold up a great while. Rig em on the jig head, and shake your rod tip enough to make the bait go wild while keeping bottom contact. Slowly drag it as well on the bottom and when you a branch or submerged log, shake it against it or stand it on top of the timber and shake it some more.

1 person likes this