bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

tackle storage/non-boater/mainly soft plastics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dockhead

Dockhead

Short Fish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 08:26 PM

How's that for a subject line...
I'm looking for some storage ideas.

I am fishing a tournament as a co-angler for the first time in quite a while. Fishing with guys I don't know, and I want to keep it simple. I have one large bag, it's just a bit cumbersome and it's basically just a big duffel. Really just want something different.

I want something to help keep me organized and efficient. I see a lot of good bags that hold several 3600 size boxes, but I only plan on bringing a couple topwaters, a handful of lipless cranks and the rest will be plenty of soft plastics and terminal tackle. They don't fit so well in 3600 boxes (I like to keep them in the original bags as opposed to just laying them in boxes).

So, any suggestions for me??

#2 CiK

CiK

Good things come to those who bait.....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted January 07 2011 - 11:51 AM

I use a duffel type bag and separate my soft plastics into their respective categories and stuff them in their own 1 gallon freezer bags.  Hard baits go into boxes, and terminal tackle go into binders.

That system has worked well for me.

#3 BASSclary

BASSclary

Steezy in the crease.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,072 posts

Posted January 07 2011 - 11:05 PM

I use an FTO Large Speedbag

http://www.planomold...shing-products/

Rage Tail
Seaguar

DOWN WITH THE SHIMANO POSSE.

#4 Nibbles

Nibbles

Magforce!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted January 07 2011 - 11:11 PM

Use a hole punch and punch your own holes on top of each soft plastics package above the ziploc. Then stick em all in a generic binder.

“Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream.”

-T.K. Whipple

#5 Blue Streak

Blue Streak

My mother was a Bass

• Pro Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted January 08 2011 - 10:08 AM

I second the Plano speed bag. I like the Elite Speed bag FTO 4806 from Tackle Warehouse. These little bags are the way to go.
keep it simple.....share your knowledge...... be honest

#6 GrundleLove

GrundleLove

How does Lady Ga Ga like her steak? Raw raw raw raw raw..

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted January 08 2011 - 10:18 AM

I do a lot of shore fishing and trekkin through the woods to get to a good spot. This is the best purchase ive made last year. So convienent. So durable. So cheaply priced.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Okuma_Backpack/descpage-OKBP.html
Posted Image

#7 BassThumb

BassThumb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted January 08 2011 - 09:41 PM

There are a lot of really nice and durable, high-end fanny packs that are available for hunting. They can be expensive, but not all of them are. I used to wade the local rivers for smallmouth bass and I used stuff like this. If I were wading deeper than waist level, then I would sling it over my shoulder. It held more tackle than I needed plus water and tools. They were cooler and more comfortable than a backpack, too, otherwise my back would get sweaty on hot, sunny days.  The fact that you can slide a fanny pack to your front without being cumbersome really comes in handy, especially if you're standing in moving water or someplace where dropping something means losing it.

http://www.google.co...IwAg#ps-sellers

http://www.google.co...IwAw#ps-sellers

http://www.cabelas.c...r:referralID=NA

#8 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

From a human perspective, they're like Twinkies.

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,768 posts

Posted January 08 2011 - 09:50 PM

This is what I like for a planning my attack:

http://www.flyfishus...mis-luggage.htm

You can pack everything you expect to actually use.

Please read the Forum FAQs

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Become a member for FREE!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#9 Dockhead

Dockhead

Short Fish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 07:50 PM

I use a duffel type bag and separate my soft plastics into their respective categories and stuff them in their own 1 gallon freezer bags. Hard baits go into boxes, and terminal tackle go into binders.

That system has worked well for me.

I actually did something similar to this for awhile. The large bag I mentioned is actually designed to carry the tackle logic binders, but I found they didn't hold enough per binder. So I went to the ziplocks.

I am just hoping to find something more organized and easier to manage.

Thanks for all of the ideas. I have a small speed bag that I will probably use, along with a larger bag of some sort and some binders.

#10 adclem

adclem

Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 08:03 PM

If you can find a Falcon V6 speed bag you will be in business.  It will hold several Falcon boxs and it has 2 nice size side pockets as well as a front bag that holds soft plastics in their original bags.  You can probably squeeze in about 15 to 20 bags of soft plastics.

Later, :(

Attached Thumbnails

• Falcon_V6_Speedbag.jpg

Great site! Thanks BassResource!

#11 Texasfishingtips

Texasfishingtips

Clancy W

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 10:26 PM

If you can find a Falcon V6 speed bag you will be in business. It will hold several Falcon boxs and it has 2 nice size side pockets as well as a front bag that holds soft plastics in their original bags. You can probably squeeze in about 15 to 20 bags of soft plastics.

Later, :(

Thats the box I use. Got it on sale at academy for 20$. It will hold a ton of tackle, and im slowly coverting to the falcon fto boxes and by my guesses it will hold about 8. The front will hold a good amount of plastics, but if I'm taking more plastics, I put them in a worm bag and clip it onto the bag.

Clancy W
Round Rock, Tx

#12 bigredxlt

bigredxlt

Gone Fishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted January 10 2011 - 01:42 PM

bass pro double sided worm binder with fifteen pages in each side. I had to buy four extra sets of pages but its crazy how much you can back into them. Also has nice little clear pockets inside that fit packets of worms hooks perfectly.
Gone Fishing