• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationVA
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:lake anna

Posted February 24 2014 - 05:07 PM

hey yall VA fishers!! just wanted to let yall know i whent fishing at lake anna this past sunday and the outside temp got up to about 65. however the warmest water i found was around 43. I hit up sturgeons creek and tried a few places but probly should of fished it more. then i tried the bridge alittle with a jig and shakey head with no luck. i tried jerkbaits around the shores and structure with no bites. then i ran uplake to the no wake zone. there were seagulls everywhere diving down and getting shad. so i went to some docks in the no wake zone and fished with no success. i saw a school of either bass or striper go under my boat but i couldnt catch any. i saw a lot of other bass boats im sure someone caught some bass. anybody have any advice? id love to go out agian so please anything helps thanks 

#2 00 mod

00 mod

Dink dropping how many lbers?

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts
  • LocationMemphis TN
  • My PB:Between 10-11 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Smallmouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake Baccarac
    Pickwick
    TN River
    White River

Posted February 24 2014 - 06:43 PM

Sounds like you were in a typical shad kill. VERY hard to catch anything when there are millions of dying shad to peovide easy meals. Give it a month and everything should be back to normal.

Jedd

PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE "SCROUNGA" CLUB

Please read the Forum FAQs

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Become a member for FREE!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#3 buzzed bait

buzzed bait

work is interfering with my fishing....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • My PB:Between 5-6 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake Juliette, Lake Oconee

Posted February 24 2014 - 07:22 PM

Sounds like you were in a typical shad kill. VERY hard to catch anything when there are millions of dying shad to peovide easy meals. Give it a month and everything should be back to normal.

Jedd

this was/is happening at the lake at stone mountain park where i've been fishing lately…. more or less making it impossible for my artificial lure to make any appeal while 3-7" shad are dying all around me.  although it did give me an excellent look at the bait in the lake so that i could really study it close and try to match some of my lures to the hatch...

#4 RanndomUndead

RanndomUndead

Shallow Water is the Best Water

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLake Anna, VA
  • My PB:Between 11-12 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake Anna

Posted February 26 2014 - 03:56 PM

hey yall VA fishers!! just wanted to let yall know i whent fishing at lake anna this past sunday and the outside temp got up to about 65. however the warmest water i found was around 43. I hit up sturgeons creek and tried a few places but probly should of fished it more. then i tried the bridge alittle with a jig and shakey head with no luck. i tried jerkbaits around the shores and structure with no bites. then i ran uplake to the no wake zone. there were seagulls everywhere diving down and getting shad. so i went to some docks in the no wake zone and fished with no success. i saw a school of either bass or striper go under my boat but i couldnt catch any. i saw a lot of other bass boats im sure someone caught some bass. anybody have any advice? id love to go out agian so please anything helps thanks 

Well, i don't do much...or any deeper water fishing really, but when you find yourself in a shad kill, try and move to the outer edge of it. Snag the bass before they get their fill. The problem with Lake Anna is the ridiculous amount of baitfish, Hopefully the 96,000 Wipers theyre stocking soon can even the field, and hopefully they put some on the hot side haha

#5 Jacob Krahenbil

Jacob Krahenbil

BASS FISHIN!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationVA
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:lake anna

Posted February 26 2014 - 06:26 PM

yeah i get what your saying

#6 Champfishnva

Champfishnva

I fish therefor I Lie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationFredericksburg va
  • My PB:Between 8-9 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Smallmouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Potomac, lake Anna,

Posted March 02 2014 - 07:31 AM

Usually at this time on the lake I can only find me towards the middle an round dike 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users