Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shimmy

Replacing Guide

6 posts in this topic

Hey all, trying to replace a rod guide (one with two feet). The guide is 7 guides down from the top but still thin in diameter. Measuring the diameter, it is 5 mm. Problem is, i can't find anything online that does 5 mm. What should i do? If you know of a place to get one, please let me know. Thanks all,

Shimmy

Guides are measured by the inside diameter of the ring, not the insert. If the opening measures 5mm, it's most likely a 6mm guide.

If I break a guide I just take it to a tackle store that does custom rods.  This way my guide repair looks just like it did before it broke although it might take a couple weeks to get it back. 

Appreciate the advice thus far. This is for a one footed guide, the one that broke is two. Extends on both sides. I guess, is there a problem if i put a one footed guide in it's place? The next one up is the last two footed guide before the last 5 which are single footed. The diameter is 5 mm from the end to end of the ring, not just the insert. It's not even a microguide rod, but it still seems small

A size 6 is about the smallest double foot you'll find commonly. Post a pic and I'll try to help you match it.