Lucky Craft Crankbait Rod

I know when I was searching for info on the lucky craft rods, I didn't find much. So, I wanted to post my impressions since I just bought one.

I got the 7'6" "long cast" model. This is a beautiful rod. The cork is perfect. All the reviews I found talked about how these rods are big bang for the buck for $150. I got mine from TW for $99 and I don't think I could find another rod of this quality for that price. I haven't been able to fish with it yet, but the action appears to be exactly what I wanted.

I will post back after I've had some time on the water with it and hopefully fought some hawgs.

• Super User

These rods were originally slated to be $350, Tackle Tour gave them an editors choice and a best value award, something you don't see much from those guys. These are glass rods and the 7' fat mini magic model is almost 6 ounces so I'm guessing the 7'6" model is pushing 7 ounces but there is nothing like the action of glass. I can't wait to read your review.

I will most definitely post back real world experience with the rod. Unfortunately, here in Pennsylvania, I may be lucky enough to get out on the river in a month and the lakes by April.

• Super User

I will most definitely post back real world experience with the rod. Unfortunately, here in Pennsylvania, I may be lucky enough to get out on the river in a month and the lakes by April.

I hear you, I fish the river a lot but the way this winter is going it may be April again like last year. I got spoiled with the mild winters, like 5 in a row that the water didn't freeze and I was fishing all year but not this year or last.

• 3 weeks later...

I can second the original poster on this.  I just received mine, 7' Fat Mini Magic.  No idea how it fishes but its absolutely beautiful,  Well worth the 99.00, unless of course it snaps in half catching its first fish lol.