Central Indiana Clubs

Cameron211

Id love to get hooked up with a club in my area. I live outside of new castle. I really haven't found much though. Tons in indy, one in Richmond, but that's about it. If you find something be sure to let me kno. I mainly would be interested in the knowledge that could be gained. I've literally had to teach myself everything over the years and a lot of it has been a failure. Wat lakes do you fish mostly?

• Super User

Id love to get hooked up with a club in my area. I live outside of new castle. I really haven't found much though. Tons in indy, one in Richmond, but that's about it. If you find something be sure to let me kno. I mainly would be interested in the knowledge that could be gained. I've literally had to teach myself everything over the years and a lot of it has been a failure. Wat lakes do you fish mostly?

Summit Bass Anglers out of New Castle was on the list. Might check into that one. They also used to run a regular weeknight tourney out of the bait shop by the lake. Not sure if it's still there, but might talk to them to see if any clubs still work through there.

-T9

Ya I've heard of that tourament and I believe it ran last year but unfortunately I work seconds so I can't make them. I have heard of a trail that runs like 6 weeks and is at summit and prairie creek. Alternating the lakes each week. I'd really like to get involved with that. I mainly want to join a club to get good at fishing my local lakes. Get to where days i don't catch a limit are a rarity instead of the norm. I hate spending 10 hours on the water and not even getting one bite. Very discouraging

Yeah I've heard of that too. Where they do alternate between those lakes. I emailed both summit and one from muncie and have not from them yet. And I fish Summit and Prairie. I like to go to big barbee chain lakes and fish there. I live in muncie now, but grew up in Middletown. So familiar with that area and thought there was a guy from Middletown that had a club? Ill have to look around. What about you? Where do you fish?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Super User

I'd like to hook up with a club in my area possibly as well. I'm out on the West side (probably about a half hour west of IUPUI). I don't have a boat, so If there is a club I could join  and fish from another's boat that would be nice. I'm also fixing to purchase a kayak so if they're are kayak anglers in the area that would also be cool. 

• Super User

A couple kayak clubs in the area. The first is a central IN club, the second a larger state organization. Both fish some tourneys:

Central Indiana Kayak Anglers
http://www.indyyaks.com/
cikayakanglers@gmail.com

http://indianayakfish.com/
https://www.facebook.com/IndianaKayakAnglers

As for regular bass clubs, there are several Westside clubs, most all of which are usually looking for non-boaters. Here are a few to look into:

Speedway 500 B/M

Hendricks Co. B/M

Raccoon Bass Anglers

P.O. Pluggers

Cataract Hawg Stalkers

-T9

• Like 1

I joined Johnson County Christian Bass Masters this year and have been to 1 meeting and fished 2 tournaments.

Great group of guys and you don't have to have your own boat.

Very well organized and you can win a little money.

$25/year to join and they have a tournament every 2-4 weeks from April to September in different lake every time, then have a classic and an invitational in October.

• 8 months later...

i fished a year with johnson county christian bass masters its a decent club only thing i didnt like as angler is you lost points for not attending there monthly meetings. this could have changed since ive been tho but if it hasnt and you dont live close to the indy area and dont wanna loose points for end of year prizes than expect a trip to the greenwood area once a month on a weekday