What's The Most Underrated Productive Bait?

bigbill

• Super User

I think the most overlooked bait is the inline spinner. It can be still very productive.

What do you think?

• Like 3

• Super User

Weightless Trick Worm for me. I have a buddy that kayaks with me and only fishes when he's with me. It's the only lure he uses and he catches them regularly on it.

The ol' T-rigged worm. I even usually overlook it in favor of a craw. At one time I'd caught more fish on the plastic worm than all other baits combined.

• Like 1

• Super User

With the grub I remember seeing the older experienced guys using them.

Remember a decade +++ ago when the culprit worms with there colored tails where the hot ticket?

• Like 1

• Super User

Grubs, tubes, and ribbon tailed worms are as good as they ever were, yet have seen a sharp decline in use (around here). I myself am guilty of not using tubes much any more, but over the last two years the grub and ribbon tailed worm have returned to my arsenal with gusto.

• Like 2

• Super User

The pros killed it this year and last using big spoons (flutter spoon, magnum spoon, etc) but I never see anyone locally or on forums talk about using them to catch any bass.

I don't have the structure to fish spoons. Most of my lakes are very snaggy with timber. There are a couple spots I want to try though

I'm with you on the in-line spinners as being underrated. Those and beetle spins. Not what I'd consider a big fish baits, but when it comes to numbers those are the two 'hard' baits that come to mind.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

Tubes or regular ribbon tail worms. Neither gets talked about a whole bunch but both will catch fish in nearly every condition. 

• Like 1