Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rubba bubba

Lumaflex skirts

11 posts in this topic

Living Rubber Company sells lumaflex fibre but its not cheap. i've always wanted to try it but did not want to spend the money on experiments when i don't even know what the stuff looks like. If anyone has any input or photos of jigs tied with lumaflex that would be great.

Google it and you will find places.

I placed my order last week.  ;)

just out of curiosity why are people not willing to share where they get it from. I notice Glenn's video raised a lot of interest but no one is talking.

I'm more curious about specifics like... how many skirts will a 1/4lb roll make and what dyes to use?

does anyone know where to buy pre-made lumaflex skirts. i would rather buy them pre made then buy a bulk spool and probably mess it up.

does anyone know where to buy pre-made lumaflex skirts. i would rather buy them pre made then buy a bulk spool and probably mess it up.

Kind of tough to mess up ;)  But I think you can by pre-made skirts from living rubber company as well.

Get all you want through Jo Baby Lure Co. in a gazillion colors and cheap.

They have a web site.

I have Lumaflex in white in bulk. It's all I use and dye to specific using JJ's here are some ideas.

I also use polarflash and flashabou in my skirts

_MG_1856.jpg

Can't buy these skirts anymore and would really like to copy them. White strands are easy ;) But the grey or blue grey strands are the challenge. I would really like to copy that color. What do you use to die the white? The skirt also has flashabou and polar flash strands in it. I have a number of these skirts but am running out. So I was planning to disassemble one of the skirts count strands of each material, dye some white FB and make up enough that I'll never run out :D  This pattern works consistently in spring and fall, and given a certain stain in the water through out the season. Would like to keep it in the arsenal if possible.

Really nice shad color and just the right amount of flash. Paired with right trailer as saved me from the skunk on more than one occasion. Over the last 10 years or so.

post-28204-130162900378_thumb.jpg