new rod choice

I fish both high end Loomis and St. Croix.   Love em both. Can't go wrong with either.  I would get the one that brings out the color of your eyes.  :3d-funny-eyes:

• Like 2

I believe the Avid X is a much better value. The guides alone are enough to keep me from buying an E6X. If you're set on Loomis, spend the extra money to get the IMX. 

• Like 2

• Super User

Welcome aboard!

Take your pick between the two.

I've not fished either, but I have fished
the Avid and now the higher end Legend
tournament.

Hands down the LT is more crisp and better
feeling...

FWIW.

• Like 1

Both are great Rods. People complain about the E6X using Aluminum Oxide guide inserts but the Fuji a.o. guides are very durable and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. But having said that, I agree that GLoomis should have at least upgraded to the Fuji Alconite on a $200 rod. The Avid X does have better guides than the E6X, but that doesn't mean the E6X is bad. I own the 7'4 heavy mod/fast rod and love love love it! I also own St Croix rods in the Mojo Bass  line and love those as well, especially their Glass cranking rod.

The Avid X is only about $10 more than the Loomis depending on which model you choose..could be more like $20.

Another rod you might want to consider is the Powell Max 3D. Awesome line of rods (especially the Magnum series) and they are made with Fuji Alconite guides and are around $160 BUT the only draw back to them is the "made in China"..Must be why they are only $160 because they are every bit as good as the two mentioned.

St Croix Avid and the E6X are both made in the USA. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2016 at 11:51 PM, mojojojo said:

Both are great Rods. People complain about the E6X using Aluminum Oxide guide inserts but the Fuji a.o. guides are very durable and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. But having said that, I agree that GLoomis should have at least upgraded to the Fuji Alconite on a $200 rod. The Avid X does have better guides than the E6X, but that doesn't mean the E6X is bad. I own the 7'4 heavy mod/fast rod and love love love it! I also own St Croix rods in the Mojo Bass  line and love those as well, especially their Glass cranking rod.

The Avid X is only about $10 more than the Loomis depending on which model you choose..could be more like $20.

Another rod you might want to consider is the Powell Max 3D. Awesome line of rods (especially the Magnum series) and they are made with Fuji Alconite guides and are around $160 BUT the only draw back to them is the "made in China"..Must be why they are only $160 because they are every bit as good as the two mentioned.

St Croix Avid and the E6X are both made in the USA. 

thank you, very informative, I have st croix mojo inshore for saltwater, love them to death, but I heard the g loomis was good as well, I think I will go with the Avid X 

On 5/5/2016 at 7:49 PM, Oklahoma Mike said:

I believe the Avid X is a much better value. The guides alone are enough to keep me from buying an E6X. If you're set on Loomis, spend the extra money to get the IMX. 

what would be better for a worm rod/jig rod?