bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

can a trolling motor handle be reversed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Joe_Man

Joe_Man

I love bass fishing!

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 07:27 PM

Hey I have a Motorguide 54lbs pound thrust trolling motor made for the stern mounting. If I mount it on the front of my boat can the throttle handle be rotatade 180 degrees, or not I thought there are just wires inside the handle, or do I have to buy a bow mount motor? any info is appreciated

#2 Muddpuppy

Muddpuppy

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 07:41 PM

You might be able to rotate the whole top section on the shaft if nothing else.  If it can be rotated make sure there is enough play in the wires to allow for the adjustment.  It is possible that you may have to disconect and rerun them.  I don't gaurentee it can be done, but I wouldn't think it would take much to make it work.  

#3 fishinfool

fishinfool

BASS-aholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 08:53 PM

i'm a minn kota man so i make no gaurantee's w/ motorguide models but i have done that with 2 of my trolling motors and havn't had a bit of trouble. i just took the head off, and turned it straight around, then reconnected it. took a matter of maybe 10 mins.

#4 Nick_Barr

Nick_Barr

EWU Sportsman's Club, President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 11:36 AM

just switch the positive and negative connectors on the battery and you will have 5 in reverse and 3 in forward. hope this makes sense.

#5 hipster_dufus

hipster_dufus

PROUD DAD TO A US ARMY RANGER!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 07:19 PM

i did it on one of my mii kotas, i could notdo it on my mg. one screw and tusn the head around. be careful putting the screw back thru the wires

#6 Rattlinrogue

Rattlinrogue

Catch, appreciate, release.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, Just what Hipster said. Done it a few times w/ Minn-Kotas.
Deep South Bassin'...# 1

#7 Guest_hydrillagorilla_*

Guest_hydrillagorilla_*
  • Guests

Posted May 27 2005 - 04:57 PM

I took a much lower tech approach.  I bungeed a rod of wood to it.  works pretty well.  

#8 Safe-light-till-3

Safe-light-till-3

There he is!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted July 03 2005 - 01:34 PM

Underneath the top you will find 3 screws. Remove them and take the top off. You will see a small bolt which goes through the shaft. Remove this and rotate the head 180 degrees. Replace the bolt, put everything back together and it is ready for bow mount.
OHHHHHHHHHHH     YEAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!                       RIPP DEM LIPPS !!!!!!!!