Jon B's Shimano Metanium MGL XG sold for $9,500?!?!?!?

dallasdb

Not sure how many of you guys saw this but it appears Jon B. (Fishing the Midwest) sold one of his reels for $9,500 on ebay.

Seems fishy (pun intended) to me. Looking at the bidding history a lot of bidders have little to no feedback scores.

Proceeds went to charity but I wonder if this one really sold.

What do you guys think?

Ebay link and  screenshot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182238350273?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

jon b reel.jpg

YouTube video: 

• 8 months later...
  • Super User
29 minutes ago, WalkerJD said:

just notice this thread but he has ZPI custom reel parts on that reel and ZPI are Japanese and very very expensive just one piece of the handle is a little over 500

LOL, have you ever actually bought ZPI parts? (Yes, I have)

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

Image result for who cares meme

• Like 8

• Global Moderator
21 minutes ago, deaknh03 said:

This auction was a farce, it was bid up by his buddies, then never paid for...

Shocked! Really I am. 

• Super User

Watching kids jaw-jack dink bass on YouTube isn't on my agenda.

"Look at me! Look at me!"

Please no.

1 hour ago, J Francho said:

Watching kids jaw-jack dink bass on YouTube isn't on my agenda.

"Look at me! Look at me!"

Please no.

So you'd rather watch bill dance fish a private ranch? Lol 

I don't know who these kids are you speak of.. or whom John b is... But if it gets the younger generation into fishing I don't see it as all that bad ? Alot of grown men are screaming for attention with their videos not just the youth ! 

Is their no beneficial gain to watching their videos (whomever "they" are) ? I mean obviously not for you... You seem pretty annoyed.. but  say someone in their youth without a mentor ? 

These kids could be doin drugs and other crimes ! And although being an attention ***** may be annoying...   Could be worse... Right . ? 

• Like 1

• Super User

I don't watch any of it.  Shows I watch about fishing are Lunkerville, MLF, and Hunt for Big Fish.  Far more interesting.

• Like 1

• Super User
1 hour ago, Yeajray231 said:

So you'd rather watch bill dance fish a private ranch? Lol 

I don't know who these kids are you speak of.. or whom John b is... But if it gets the younger generation into fishing I don't see it as all that bad ? Alot of grown men are screaming for attention with their videos not just the youth ! 

Is their no beneficial gain to watching their videos (whomever "they" are) ? I mean obviously not for you... You seem pretty annoyed.. but  say someone in their youth without a mentor ? 

These kids could be doin drugs and other crimes ! And although being an attention ***** may be annoying...   Could be worse... Right . ? 

Jon B is one of the more entertaining members of the Googan Squad. He is talented when it comes to camera work, video editing and back round music. He has traveled to some interesting places to fish.

Is he juvenile sometimes, sure. He reminds me of myself when I was that age traveling with my buddies to fish.

Some of his early videos were actual educational types about baits and techniques.

If I can't fish I like to watch fishing vids, any fishing vids. I think I need help.

• Like 1

I stopped watching fishing videos when they went from being entertaining to self promotional. Been a while, now that I think about it.

• Like 1

• BassResource.com Administrator

Clickbait

• Like 2