npl_texas

Need Opinion on bait casters

11 posts in this topic

I really want to get a Curado 70xg but I have an opportunity to get a 13 *** for a good price ($150).  I just wanted to gauge y'alls opinion and take a shot in the dark that maybe someone has both.  

I really don't know much about *** other than what I've read and seen on the internet, but they seem to be relatively highly regarded.  Shimano's reputation is what it is.  

I want the Curado primarily for pitching' and I'd prob use the *** for the same.  

My wife will not be happy if I get both.

Any insight is much appreciated.  I'm new to this forum but I've really learned a lot and appreciate your time.

1 minute ago, npl_texas said:

C o n c e p t  A

I have two "reels that shall not be named" and two Curado 70s. I prefer the Curado 70 by far. It has a far more refined braking system, it's smoother, and quieter. The "reel that shall not be named" is a decent reel with a darn strong drag, but the Curado 70 just feels nicer to me.

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Basser said:

I have two "reels that shall not be named" and two Curado 70s. I prefer the Curado 70 by far. It has a far more refined braking system, it's smoother, and quieter. The "reel that shall not be named" is a decent reel with a darn strong drag, but the Curado 70 just feels nicer to me.

That's what I thought and that's exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you.

I have three 70XG's and use them for all my plastics fishing.  Really love these reels.  It took me a bit to come up with the right settings with a base of two brakes on, but once I hit it all was more than well.  I have all three spooled with InvizX 15lb flouro (.013" dia) on 7' MH Carbonlites.

1 person likes this

I love my reel from "voldemort fishing" no complaints whatsoever.However I just picked up the 70HG.Just playing with it in the house,that thing is smooooooth.Much smoother than the other.But 18 pounds of drag is nothing to sneeze at either.

1 person likes this

I have the "reel that shall not be named" and I really like it. I fished it hard this season and was my go-to reel. I deep cleaned it yesterday and it is a very well built reel. That drag stack and drive gear is no joke. I can't compare it to the Curado as I do not have one, but I don't see how you could go wrong with either reel. 

1 person likes this

I also own the "reel that shall not be named" and the Curado 70. Both are good reels and can't go wrong, but the Curado feels more solid than the "reel that shall not be named." You can't go wrong with either one.

4 people like this

I bought 3 of these reels because I was so impressed with my first one. Most comfortable reel I've ever fished and way smoother and has tighter tolerances than my older Chronarch 51mg, Curado 51e and 201E7. The other 3 reels I am using are almost twice the price and the Curado can hang with them! (Theyre actually Scorpions but basically the same reel.)

To be fair, I have never fished the 13 reel.

currently $174 shipped for all 3 gear ratios (Scorpion has a 6.3:1 option):

https://www.digitaka.com/item.php?item=316283

i get packages sooner from Digitaka than TW every time. Hope you get the same feeling I do from these reels!

I went with the Curado 70xg. Picked it up on ebay for $170.  Thanks for all the feedback.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, npl_texas said:

I went with the Curado 70xg. Picked it up on ebay for $170.  Thanks for all the feedback.

Awesome! They're solid reels and I think you'll really like it.

1 person likes this