Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hjerk24

Stratos Boat Seats

5 posts in this topic

Anyone ever replaced their boat seats for a 282 dc, or any other stratos with the two main seats, and the smaller fold down style in the middle? Price is an issue, so use them again this year, or be led by someone here to an outstanding idea?  Thanks for the read.  Been searching online, and gets mega pricey for new set.  Either way, thanks again. ;)

Have you though about an upholstery shop?

No- I haven't.  Could be an option to look into, thanks.

I've taken my seats for a '84 Ranger the one's that have the side arm rest to several shops around the town and was quoted at about 600. and a back yard shop guy said 400. The seats are seperate and the bottum one lifts up storage. They needed to be done two years ago and I'm still looking.

If price is an issue, forget it.  Look for something you can swap them out with.   You can't get seats more than a few years old from Stratos and if they have them, you're looking at over $200 per seat and some will be about double that.  If you want them redone to look like the original, lube up and bend over because an upholstery shop is going to ream you a new one.  Even to do a plain-jane cover will cost a bundle.

I reupholstered the seats in my 285 Pro back like the original and it's a lot work, you may even be hard pressed to find a shop that would even do them because getting everything to line up is tough.  It cost me $150 just in materials to do mine, and I did all the work, and NO, I don't want to do your's.