fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Stratos Boat Seats

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 hjerk24

hjerk24

PSALMS 118:24

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted March 20 2008 - 01:39 PM

Anyone ever replaced their boat seats for a 282 dc, or any other stratos with the two main seats, and the smaller fold down style in the middle? Price is an issue, so use them again this year, or be led by someone here to an outstanding idea?  Thanks for the read.  Been searching online, and gets mega pricey for new set.  Either way, thanks again. ;)
Wish I was fishing Champlain right now.  I love that place!!!

#2 cart7t

cart7t

the chicken still haunts me

• Floater
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,924 posts

Posted March 20 2008 - 04:34 PM

Have you though about an upholstery shop?
BassResource - A cut above the rest!

#3 hjerk24

hjerk24

PSALMS 118:24

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted March 21 2008 - 07:14 AM

No- I haven't.  Could be an option to look into, thanks.
Wish I was fishing Champlain right now.  I love that place!!!

#4 DMB Fan

DMB Fan

eat,drink and be merry for tomorrow we die

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted March 21 2008 - 09:12 AM

I've taken my seats for a '84 Ranger the one's that have the side arm rest to several shops around the town and was quoted at about 600. and a back yard shop guy said 400. The seats are seperate and the bottum one lifts up storage. They needed to be done two years ago and I'm still looking.
would you not like to be setting on top of the world with your legs hanging free?

#5 Way2slow

Way2slow

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 21 2008 - 09:39 PM

If price is an issue, forget it.  Look for something you can swap them out with.   You can't get seats more than a few years old from Stratos and if they have them, you're looking at over $200 per seat and some will be about double that.  If you want them redone to look like the original, lube up and bend over because an upholstery shop is going to ream you a new one.  Even to do a plain-jane cover will cost a bundle.

I reupholstered the seats in my 285 Pro back like the original and it's a lot work, you may even be hard pressed to find a shop that would even do them because getting everything to line up is tough.  It cost me $150 just in materials to do mine, and I did all the work, and NO, I don't want to do your's.