bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Looking for 14 to 18 inch plastic worms

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 ivan

ivan

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 10:31 AM

I had a 16 inch black plastic worm with blue paddle tail that worked amazing for large mouth in a couple of farm ponds that i fish. the lures tail broke off and i need to find more but am unable to find something similar any where. I would love to find a manufacture that makes new ones or someone with some used ones that they do not use and would like to part with.

#2 Guest_Bountiful_Waters_*

Guest_Bountiful_Waters_*
  • Guests

Posted July 08 2007 - 12:53 PM

There are a few out there that I have seen, but I think you should check out Charmer Baits out of Evansville, IN. They make a great 10inch paddle-tail that has been winning multiple tournaments on Barkley and Kentucky Lake. I am taking a few bags to show those Mexican Bass this week. Fishing them on a big shakey head rig.

#3 p-funk

p-funk

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 04:40 PM

www.worminatorlures.com

Click on the lunker lure section.  They are in VA Beach area.  They can custom match colors or make any color combo you want.  All baits have megastrike mixed in the plastic already.  They have a bunch of other products not listed on their website either.  The big downside is price, but give them a call.

#4 Matt Fly

Matt Fly

Hook'em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 07:03 AM

I haven't found a good source of quality worms in the size you are looking for.    There always seems to be a flaw or something that I don't like about them.

What I have learned to do which is rather simple after you have done a few is:

I use Gene Larew, Zoom Mag 11, Ole Monster, Berkley Powere Worms, and some Bassassians.      I cut the ribbon tail off and butt the body of the worm to another and use a soldiering iron to melt the two together.     This works well for me and produces on a consistant basis.

Radio shack and other electronic places sell cheap soldiering irons.    I use a soldiering iron in my daily work and don't use the same one for work.  

Matt
UT_Hook'em_Bass

#5 ejtaylor822

ejtaylor822

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 11:42 AM

You may want to check these guys out.  I bought some "toadsters" and grubs - very pleased with their stuff - heavy and well made.  last order they threw some extras.  One of the extras was their 10-1/2" trick worm.  Very nice.

http://myworld.ebay....2ndstreetbaits/
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Have not seen them with the paddle tails.  But, who knows.  They might be willing to try something new.

Eddie

#6 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

From a human perspective, they're like Twinkies.

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,789 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 11:47 AM

ivan,

Welcome aboard!

Please read the Forum FAQs

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Become a member for FREE!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#7 GrandSlamBasser87

GrandSlamBasser87

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 01:41 PM

You could always take a two zoom ol' monsters or the 10" worms made by powerbait, cut a length off one and discard the tail, then melt it onto the whole one.  I have done some experimenting by melting baits together, just something different for the bass to see.
07' Big Bass:  Largemouth-- 8lbs- 2 ozs
                     Smallmouth--  3lbs- 4 ozs