bass fishing

fishing

fishing

fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Bass seat pole caddy/drink holder?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 TyTy

TyTy

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted March 09 2009 - 10:12 PM

I have no idea if I am describing this properly, the only thing I know to describe it is a caddy for the pole on on the seat pole underneath the butt seat on the front of a bass boat.  Here are two examples:

http://www.basspro.c...__SearchResults

http://www.basspro.c...__SearchResults

These are really the only two I can find on the market however I have seen two WAY better examples in person.  The one I liked the best was kind of a 3/4 circle that held two drinks, had a notch for pliers, hooks for misc stuff, a retracting cable for a golf towel, recessions to organize tackle, etc.  Both times I asked the fisherman where they got it and they both said they had gotten them a long time ago and could not remember where.

These two on bass pro are okay but the reviews say they are flimsy and/or too small for practical use.  Both the ones I saw in real life looked to be designed by a bass fisherman for bass fisherman.

Anyone know where a better version of this is available?

Thank you.

#2 Sharkbite

Sharkbite

I am a Flooger Mook and Serenity Basser!!!

• Floater
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted March 10 2009 - 02:20 AM

Thats pritty kool.
Fishing is like sex. When it's good it's real good.  
And when it's bad it's still pritty good.
BassResource is the best!

#3 Olebiker

Olebiker

Tallahassee Bass Anglers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted March 10 2009 - 08:18 AM

I just bought the Handie Hold-It Supply Caddy.  It will not hold a Gatorade bottle, so it is of limited use for me.  I'm still in the market too.

#4 TyTy

TyTy

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted March 10 2009 - 06:01 PM

I know someone on here has a better solution.

The one I saw in person was the mac daddy of seat caddies.  It was definatly manufactured and not homemade.  I have googled for it to no avail.  I am probably just searching the wrong term...I don't know to call it other than a drink holder or caddy.

#5 Long Mike

Long Mike

Phishing Phreak

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,258 posts

Posted March 10 2009 - 07:01 PM

I bought the arm shaped one shown in the first ad.  It was very flimsy until I bolted an aluminum plate underneath the section nearest the seat pole.

Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you you have. Thomas Edison

Please read the Forum FAQs

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Become a member for FREE!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#6 cart7t

cart7t

the chicken still haunts me

• Floater
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,924 posts

Posted March 10 2009 - 07:41 PM

I was actually thinking about the handi holdit but will mark that off the list given the reviews from others so far.  
BassResource - A cut above the rest!

#7 sdcoll

sdcoll

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted March 10 2009 - 08:35 PM

guys this ain't that complicated,make your own out of a nice piece of oak like 10x4 ,you can drill or cut for cup holders and so on for the pliers and a hole for a tray and use a glad tray that you buy sandwich meat in stain it,paint it,varnish it or what ever then screw it to the bottom of the seat here an example and i think im making one for myself