Andy Taylor

Any Pelican Bass Raider Owners Out There?

2,196 posts in this topic

I have the evermaxx 29 from walmart and it's a beast. I used it all this past weekend and it was still running just as strong. 3-4 hours Friday, 4-5 hours Saturday and the same on sunday. I do suggest hooking it after using it to charge.

I got one of the Walmart Everstart batteriesfor $68.00 from my local Walmart about a month ago. But be aware to check the fluid level on your new battery. I charged mine and ran it a couple of times and then decided to check. The fluid level in the NEW battery was LOW. So I had to add water to it.

I have a 10e, and got a 29 battery from SAMs. It's a Duracell brand and it really kicks butt so far. I think it's like 85 bones. I also bought a minn Kota 10 amp charger and it is too easy. I Got a minn kota traxxis 55 pound thrust trolling motor and Fabbed a rudder up ( a must have in my opinion). I'm looking into fish finders now, what are you guys using on these boats?

I'm thinking of grabbing this depth finder.. Humminbird 570 PT DI

It's 250.00 from Walmart site to store or shipped directly to your house. The reason this one interests me so much is the rechargeable 12v 7aH battery system that comes with it & it's portable. Also, I want to study the ground underwater "structure" in my local areas, so I can make informed decisions where the fish might be.

Actually, that last part is the most important to me.. this thing has double or sometimes triple the pixels on the screen as the others in the sub to 100.00 category. Check out the Pirannamax series and see how the floor looks with those pixels.. the difference is night & day.

I am interested in what others are using as well. I'm primarily in the market for something "best bang for the buck" but the down imaging of this unit looks really helpful.

Where would someone buy a rudder for this boat? I'm not really interested in making one. I would like to have a style like the Buster boats use or like dman posted. Something with a couple bolts that can tighten down real good on the transom (my troller is up front already)

On the Rudder, Just google it. Try "bass hunter+rudder", you'll find plenty of places that will take your money. There was a company that was selling them, and it's posted several pages back, but they were expensive for what you get. I think like 60-70 bucks, and I invested $20.00 in mine but I made it.

I have a 10e, and got a 29 battery from SAMs. It's a Duracell brand and it really kicks butt so far. I think it's like 85 bones. I also bought a minn Kota 10 amp charger and it is too easy. I Got a minn kota traxxis 55 pound thrust trolling motor and Fabbed a rudder up ( a must have in my opinion). I'm looking into fish finders now, what are you guys using on these boats?

I bought the 110 Fishin buddy from walmart. Use it every trip, and batteries are still going. Gives the water temp, and marks underwater structure. Perfect for what I wanted. I didn't need to see how many scales the fish has on each side, or the color of his eyes. I use mine to find ledges, and changes in depth, and it works perfectly. Think it was like 109.00 at Wally World.

With Fish finders you can spend as much as your little heart desires, but is it really worth it?

Buster boats used to make the rudders, i guess they are no longer in business. They were expensive ($65) , but worth it now that i have one. very well made. Im gonna check with a local machine shop to see if they can duplicate a few for me ( is that legal?) and make them available to guys that need one because i cant find any online. They make the boat so much more enjoyable and usable.

1 person likes this

On the Rudder, Just google it. Try "bass hunter+rudder", you'll find plenty of places that will take your money. There was a company that was selling them, and it's posted several pages back, but they were expensive for what you get. I think like 60-70 bucks, and I invested $20.00 in mine but I made it.

I'm pretty handy with Google :)

I wouldn't have posted help here for the rudder if I hadn't at least already checked Google, wouldn't you think? :P

Bass Hunter is apparently out of business.. I don't mind paying the $$ to buy one if someone is able to lend a good lead on where to track one down.

I don't want to make one.

I bought the 110 Fishin buddy from walmart. Use it every trip, and batteries are still going. Gives the water temp, and marks underwater structure. Perfect for what I wanted. I didn't need to see how many scales the fish has on each side, or the color of his eyes. I use mine to find ledges, and changes in depth, and it works perfectly. Think it was like 109.00 at Wally World.

With Fish finders you can spend as much as your little heart desires, but is it really worth it?

I'm not really interested in the scales or the color of the eyes myself. What I am interested in, is seeing more detail than a 100.00 unit and was looking for others to chime in with their experiences with the mid range units. I appreciate the deal you got, and very happy that it's working out for you. I'm leaning towards yes on it's worth it for as much as your budget will allow. I can see the DI & GPS proving to be very handy features, especially if I upgrade my boat down the line (can always take it with me)

Buster boats used to make the rudders, i guess they are no longer in business. They were expensive ($65) , but worth it now that i have one. very well made. Im gonna check with a local machine shop to see if they can duplicate a few for me ( is that legal?) and make them available to guys that need one because i cant find any online. They make the boat so much more enjoyable and usable.

(Sorry to the reply, this should have been a multi-quote in retrospect)

Thanks dman for the PM on the rudder, and that would be fantastic if you're able to track down someone that can make a replica of the you bought (or able to locate one online) I have had ZERO luck finding any company, ebay or craigslist for one of these so far.

What about plugs or holes in the bottom of your pelicans? The rain filling up the middle off it is driving me nuts. I'm wondering what I can use to seal it if I were to drill something in. What do you guys got?

Greetings all,

I'm new to this site. Heard about it through Crappie.com. I just picked up a used 10' Bass Raider with a 30# Minn Kota and a Lowrance fish finder. . I'm interested in the idea of mounting oars so I can use it like a drift boat in the river. I have this idea of building a box to hold the battery under the seat and extending it out both sides so I can mount oars and oarlocks into the box. Anyone ever us oars on one of these? I was told that paddles do not work. I can't imagine why oars would not but we'll see. I post pics as soon as I get it set up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

LowBudget Maveal

Romans 10:9-10

What about plugs or holes in the bottom of your pelicans? The rain filling up the middle off it is driving me nuts. I'm wondering what I can use to seal it if I were to drill something in. What do you guys got?

Me personally, I wouldn't drill a hole in your boat floor. I bought a cover for mine, and seems to work well. I have had 1 time were 70 mph winds got up underneath it and put some water in there, but I just got the wife's floor mop out and used it to clean up the water.

Greetings all,

I'm new to this site. Heard about it through Crappie.com. I just picked up a used 10' Bass Raider with a 30# Minn Kota and a Lowrance fish finder. . I'm interested in the idea of mounting oars so I can use it like a drift boat in the river. I have this idea of building a box to hold the battery under the seat and extending it out both sides so I can mount oars and oarlocks into the box. Anyone ever us oars on one of these? I was told that paddles do not work. I can't imagine why oars would not but we'll see. I post pics as soon as I get it set up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

LowBudget Maveal

Romans 10:9-10

Only problem would be securing your seat, so you can get leverage to row you boat. If your seats are stationary it sounds like it would work, but mine slide back and forth. As for paddles not working, I've got the 8ftr, and my paddle works, but much nicer with the trolling motor.

I bought a tarp and tie down straps to cover mine so the weather doesnt get to my boat. the sun is worse than rain on these little boats. also for all those out there wondering where to buy them I just got my lastest bass pro sale paper and i see that they had the bass raider 10 e in it now.

BEST INVESTMENT I EVER MADE!

BASS RAIDER 10e (THE KHAKI ONE IS MINE!)

dscf1166y.jpg

dscf1165v.jpg

FLOOR I BUILT... PLYWOOD COVERED WITH INDOOR/OUTDOOR CARPET (TOTAL INVESTMENT 40 BUCKS)

img1103f.jpg

HIDDEN COMPARTMENT

img1105ub.jpg

ADDING THESE BUNGEE TIE DOWNS COME IN HANDY FOR HOLDING RODS, SEATS, AND PADDLES SECURE!

img1106or.jpg

img1112v.jpg

GET THIS THING DIRTY ALREADY!

img1114aw.jpg

Looks very nice!

I like the idea of the tie downs, what are they connected to on the outside of the boat? The lip? Don't they slide around?

That khaki color looks very nice.

Big Hoss thanks! Yea they just grip the lip and don't move at all. As you can see I use the thick plastic bungees (4 dollars for a tub of them at walmart) and they work great. I was surprised how well they gripped. You have to actually use some force to make them slide... Definitely recommend trying them out!

has anyone put cleats on one to tie off with, and where?

ADDING THESE BUNGEE TIE DOWNS COME IN HANDY FOR HOLDING RODS, SEATS, AND PADDLES SECURE!

img1106or.jpg

img1112v.jpg

This looks awesome, Can you tell us the dimensions of the plywood you used? Length vs width? Also was it 1/2 plywood?

Great job, and nice rod holders...

This looks awesome, Can you tell us the dimensions of the plywood you used? Length vs width? Also was it 1/2 plywood?

Great job, and nice rod holders...

The length is 91 1/4 in

The Width is 21 1/8

For the "hidden compartment" lid just cut out a template with some cardboard to get your angles. This isn't a must but does give it a clean look. The plywood is 3/8 I believe, remember this adds WEIGHT to your vessel and weight is your enemy in these things especially if you have to drag or carry it a ways. Get the lightest, strongest plywood you can. It was very easy to install the carpet just go to Lowes get them to cut you out a sheet of carpet from their wheel and staple that bad boy onto the plywood. The screw eye's are medium 1-5/16 in. that I use for the tie downs. I DO NOT recommend putting any type of holes in your boat ANYWHERE! These simply screw into the plywood. A little bit goes a long way in these things and can make life much easier on you. I encourage everyone to post pics and keep the ideas rolling in!

img1104o.jpg

img1107ec.jpg