fishing

bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Any Pelican Bass Raider Owners Out There?

• Please log in to reply
1435 replies to this topic

#1 Andy Taylor

Andy Taylor

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMayberry, NC

Posted June 18 2010 - 04:58 PM

I just bought the 8' electric model yesterday, and I have a couple questions. 1) Is there any way to use an anchor with it? The 2 handles don't appear strong enough. 2) Can the standard seat be replaced with a different padded seat? 3) Is anyone able to post a pic of a dolly/cart that works with the Bass Raider? Thanks very much.

#2 wagn

wagn

Fish first, work later

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Locationconcord, NH

Posted June 18 2010 - 09:34 PM

I had one of these for a couple of years and I gave it to my Dad when I upgraded to boats.

I really liked the little pelican. I had the 10 foot model but had no problem using an anchor on the handles.

I also replaced the seats with regular padded boat seats. Just a few screws to switch.

hope this helps
Smallie PB- 6lbs 2oz = 77% of state record
LM PB- 7 lbs 1oz = 67% of state record

#3 Andy Taylor

Andy Taylor

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMayberry, NC

Posted June 18 2010 - 11:35 PM

Thanks wagn. You didn't use a dolly or cart with it? One lake I want to fish, the water is about 50 yards from the parking lot, and I need some sort of cart or dollly. I'm trying to figure out what I can build. Anyone?

#4 bwell

bwell

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted June 19 2010 - 12:49 PM

I have the pelican 10E, and I just tie my anchor to the bracket of my seat...  I haven't replaced the seats yet but I would like to sometime.  As far as loading and unloading, I just carry (with help) to the water...

#5 Andy Taylor

Andy Taylor

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMayberry, NC

Posted June 19 2010 - 04:17 PM

Thanks. I'll have to take a closer look at the seat. I'm still trying to figure out a small cart to build.

#6 wagn

wagn

Fish first, work later

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Locationconcord, NH

Posted June 19 2010 - 11:02 PM

I never did make a dolly for mine. If there wasn't a ramp I'd just carry it.

Although one time i did push it down railroad tracks for a half a mile to fish a secluded lake. Turns out it really wasn't worth the effort ;D

#7 jkoch

jkoch

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNEPA (Dingmans Ferry)

Posted June 20 2010 - 03:32 PM

I had one of these for a couple of years and I gave it to my Dad when I upgraded to boats.

I really liked the little pelican. I had the 10 foot model but had no problem using an anchor on the handles.

I also replaced the seats with regular padded boat seats. Just a few screws to switch.

hope this helps

Can you stand up and fish in the 10 footer?

#8 bigdog321

bigdog321

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Locationgermantown md

Posted June 20 2010 - 04:52 PM

Hey what's the deal with the mayberry nc ain't no such place is it ?

#9 Andy Taylor

Andy Taylor

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMayberry, NC

Posted June 20 2010 - 10:53 PM

Hey what's the deal with the mayberry nc ain't no such place is it ?

I can dream, can't I? The real "Mayberry" is Mt. Airy, N.C. That's where Andy Griffith grew up.

#10 Syppy

Syppy

Any day is a good day to fish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/#!/esippert
  • LocationCulpeper, Virginia

Posted June 20 2010 - 10:54 PM

Just bought the 8E over the weekend and found a dolly online from smallwatersports.com to put under the back and cart it back and forth to the water. I'm looking forward to using that one, otherwise it's kind of a short drag/hop to my water, lol.  There's a vide on youtube for the dolly.

Now I'm just trying to find ANY kind of accessores for it. It's working really good with a Minn Kota 40lb I picked up at the same time.  Anyone got any idea for where to find accessories for it, or where I can put a fish finder transducer on it?
Sippi

#11 zerofivenismo

zerofivenismo

Bassin' Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationKCK
  • My PB:Please Choose
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Smallmouth

Posted June 21 2010 - 08:03 AM

Andy,

I used to have a bass raider 10E, and I built a dolly to transport it for about $25.  This is the only pic that I have of the dolly since I sold the boat some time ago.  You can do a search on here for 'dolly' for an awesome homemade dolly.  I built mines similar to it.  PM me for more detailed explanation.

To Jkoch:  Yes you can fish standing in a 10 footer.

Attached Thumbnails

• BR1_002.jpg

#12 bigdog321

bigdog321

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Locationgermantown md

Posted June 21 2010 - 10:26 AM

Hello Sippi,I've got a 10' raider and the transducer is mounted to the trolling motor.You can get the bracket at basspro for about 10 bucks. I screwed the unit itself to a thin piece of wood and strap it down with a bungee cord when using it. Mine works great.

#13 Syppy

Syppy

Any day is a good day to fish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/#!/esippert
  • LocationCulpeper, Virginia

Posted June 21 2010 - 03:17 PM

Do you run it on the Bow or the back?  Found the bracket to mount it to the trolling motor.  You strapped it to the wood like in the deck of the boat? Or to a chair? Sorry, just curious.

Sippi
Sippi

#14 wagn

wagn

Fish first, work later

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Locationconcord, NH

Posted June 21 2010 - 04:06 PM

Do you run it on the Bow or the back? Found the bracket to mount it to the trolling motor. You strapped it to the wood like in the deck of the boat? Or to a chair? Sorry, just curious.

Sippi

I put the trolling motor on the front, but you have to build a keel or some sort for the back, and mount that so you just don't spin around all the time.

Otherwise mount it on the back.

And yes you can stand up in the 8 or the 10. They are very stable. They just look like floating suitcases ;)

#15 bigdog321

bigdog321

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Locationgermantown md

Posted June 21 2010 - 06:57 PM

Hey Sippi, what i was trying to say is that i mounted the transducer to the motor with the bracket then i took the fishfinder base and screwed it down to a piece of scrap paneling then when i want to use it i just use a bungee cord to strap it down .If you look at the picture above it's strapped down kinda like where that yellow bungee is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users