fishing

bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Any Pelican Bass Raider Owners Out There?

• Please log in to reply
1514 replies to this topic

#631 tnriverluver

tnriverluver

Short Fish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn
  • My PB:Between 11-12 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Smallmouth

Posted August 14 2012 - 06:48 PM

I just bought 2 Elite 4 dsi gps units from Cabelas and they did include a Trolling motor mount even though it didn't show in the description.

#632 uhhello

uhhello

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted August 14 2012 - 09:17 PM

Sorry for all the posts guys but trying to get my boat situated. Going to bow mount my motor and have the plug needed but was wondering if I just cut and splice the plug? My concern is with my sonar. I was planning on mounting it to the motor but am worried about stripping everything down all the time. Its not so much the work but the wear and tear on the connections and what not. Will also need to splice more power wire into it to get her back to the battery in the rear. Like the idea of the transom mounted TM shaft transducer but haven't seen anything on craigslist for a LONG time.

Going to give this a shot
Posted Image

#633 OhioBassRaider68

OhioBassRaider68

Fry

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted August 21 2012 - 02:25 PM

WOW .. this thread is AMAZING ! so many great ideas out there. I am very excited cause in a week i am getting my Bass Raider 10E which i found on Craigslist for $500, it has been garage kept and only on the water 10 times ... comes with 55# thrust BassProShops trolling motor, Eagle fish finder, 2 oars, deep cycle battery with box, seats. I'm thinking it's a fair deal and i'm excited to get it as we have a bunch of small watersheds in my area that this will be perfect for ..
Couple questions .. ( i'm sure they'll be more ) someone in an earlier post mentioned a really small charger that will just run the fish finder .. it recharges by plugging it in with an AC adapter .. made by Humminbird, this sounded like the way to go for the fish finder, any input. Also what size deep cycle battery would you recommend for the trolling motor as i may buy a new one so i have a spare, i just bought the Schumacher SC-100A charger from Northern Tool on sale for $53.99

Thanks for any suggestions ..

#634 tnriverluver

tnriverluver

Short Fish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn
  • My PB:Between 11-12 lbs

Posted August 21 2012 - 08:14 PM

Just a little glamour shot of my little boat on Reelfoot lake this past weekend. Thank God the winds were calm for once!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• REELFOOTBOAT.jpg

#635 West601

West601

Basszilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWaco,texas
  • My PB:Between 14-15 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake Waco

Posted August 22 2012 - 09:11 PM

Is it ok to put skrews in a two man boat?

#636 West601

West601

Basszilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWaco,texas

Posted August 22 2012 - 09:12 PM

Does any one have a two man boat around Waco Texas.

#637 cbjfan75

cbjfan75

Fry

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • My PB:Between 3-4 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth

Posted August 23 2012 - 10:14 PM

Ok, bought a used 10e this summer. Came with a 3HP 1961Evenrude and a rowing system. Have since bought a trailer and have been fishing like crazy. Today bought a Humminbird Fishin Buddy with the clamp mount, just curious if anybody knows of a way to rig this so it doesn't vibrate out of the holder while moving across the lake. So far I'm really regretting having purchased one if it doesn't even function while I'm moving.

#638 jaaron01

jaaron01

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationBellevue, NE
  • My PB:Please Choose
  • Favorite Bass:Please Choose

Posted August 24 2012 - 04:54 PM

Ok, bought a used 10e this summer. Came with a 3HP 1961Evenrude and a rowing system. Have since bought a trailer and have been fishing like crazy. Today bought a Humminbird Fishin Buddy with the clamp mount, just curious if anybody knows of a way to rig this so it doesn't vibrate out of the holder while moving across the lake. So far I'm really regretting having purchased one if it doesn't even function while I'm moving.

I took some black elec tape and put 1 wrap on it, and it fit's snuggly in the holder. If I run the trolling motor wide open it will still pop out, but on slower trolling speeds it will hold just fine.

#639 budpln

budpln

your buddy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationnorth shore mass
  • My PB:Please Choose
  • Favorite Bass:Please Choose

Posted August 29 2012 - 07:07 PM

any1 tried one of these? http://kipawapropell...om/product.html i dont know why but i havent got the email updates on this page just giving an update about me and my boat incase any1 cares.. since i posted up my pics me and my brother have been going fishing alot we never really got along and did anything together untill i got this little boat but anyway he is 210 im about 155 i sit in back with the motor battery he sits infront 2 fishing poles and 2 tackle boxes and the frigging boat is amazing for fishing u legit can go in 2 inches of water cant use the trolling motor in that shallow of water but with a paddle ur good to go. this boat is so stable my brother (210) walks on the very side of the boat no problem boat is awsome..

#640 West601

West601

Basszilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWaco,texas

Posted August 29 2012 - 07:52 PM

No I have not. To me a propeller is a propeller to i dont think it would make that big of a diffrence. Will it leak if I put skrews in the pelican bass raider?

#641 jeffo21

jeffo21

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationS.E.Oklahoma
  • My PB:Between 6-7 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake Durant or parts of Texoma

Posted August 30 2012 - 10:11 AM

you can put the screws in but then seal them with some good silicone, so that it wont leak into the poontoons

#642 West601

West601

Basszilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWaco,texas

Posted August 30 2012 - 06:30 PM

What's the best TM to buy?

#643 OhioBassRaider68

OhioBassRaider68

Fry

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted August 30 2012 - 07:19 PM

Can anyone recommend some good rod holders for a Pelican Bass Raider 10E ... i don't mind if i have to mount the base with screws, was thinking about the Scotty Power Lock rod holders but they look kind of big
... do you have rod holders on yours and if so what kind ?

THANKS !

#644 mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted August 31 2012 - 07:30 AM

What's the best TM to buy?

I use a Minn kota 55 pound thrust trolling motor on mine and it moves across the water quite rapidly.But it is a bit heavy for me to tote back and forth from the truck to the lake.

#645 West601

West601

Basszilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWaco,texas

Posted August 31 2012 - 04:11 PM

Cool what type of boat do u have?