fishing

bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Has anyone owned a Daiwa PS2L-5B Baitcasting reel?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Logan80

Logan80

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted June 09 2007 - 12:46 AM

I have one I recieved as a gift quite a few years back. I was wondering if it is a decent real to learn with. I've never really used it, just had it sitting around as I always preferred spinning reels. I'd like to learn to use a baitcaster and would like some opinions on this reel. Thanks.

#2 Styx

Styx

The Grand Illusion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted June 09 2007 - 07:52 AM

It was my first BC and is what I learned on. I still use it on a regular basis.
Southern Maryland

#3 Guest_DavidGreen_*

Guest_DavidGreen_*
  • Guests

Posted June 09 2007 - 08:11 AM

I have one I recieved as a gift quite a few years back. I was wondering if it is a decent real to learn with. I've never really used it, just had it sitting around as I always preferred spinning reels. I'd like to learn to use a baitcaster and would like some opinions on this reel. Thanks.

I serviced a ton of those reels back in the early 90's they were truly a PIA back then...
Daiwa® PS2L-5B (Circa 90-91) The reel is over 15 years old and discontinued (Not all parts available). It was never one of Daiwa's better reels even for that time period. If it is your choice to do so, I would recommend that you have the reel serviced locally, as the oils and grease that were used back then, have dried out and solidified enough that the reel will not perform well at all.
Just my .02¢

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!