Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krisjack69

Best bait for creek fishing

10 posts in this topic

What is the best baits for creek fishing.I'm new to creek fishing and would like to know what is the best baits to use and best so technique to use.I'm not used to fishing in flowing water for bass so any help would be great.

i like to use inline- spinners, they will  catch about anything

I use a Texas Rig with a ¼ oz weight since I want to slow the bait down some what but there are numerous baits that work when fishing a creek.  

i like the rebel crawdad when fishing creeks.it almost never snags.

I always have good luck with inline spinner baits.  My favorite is a Mepps Black Fury or a Sonic Roster Tail.

I pretty much fish only rivers, big tidal rivers like the James and smaller rivers like the Rivanna, because that's all that are around me and I have a few staple techniques and baits that will get me through the day...

1. A 4inch ZOOM finesse worm, dead ringer, or roboworm fished slowly on a 1/4oz jighead or a split-shot rig is a sure catcher and it works on fish of all size.

2. A lucky Craft Pointer 78 or 65 with a fast retrieve is great for forcing reaction strikes from reluctant fish

3. A small 5/16oz chart/white spinnerbait with Indiana and Colorado blades is a good all purpose bait that consistently produces for me on the big rivers and the smaller rivers

4. This last bait is more for the smaller rivers and creeks as it hasn't produced much on the big waters, a 3inch tube rigged weedless on a 3/16-5/16oz jighead hopped and dragged around any type of cover.

I'd go with a t-rig lizard or craw.

Good suggestions here.  Rooster Tail, 2 or 3" curly-tailed grub (try pumpkinseed or white), or a small jig (1/8, 3/16).

Just don't overthink it.

in-line spinners are the way to go. even one of those cast master spoons would do.