Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bassnajr

Shakespeare President II reel..Antique? Valueable?

9 posts in this topic

Hello all...

Any other bassers know something/ anything about this reel?? It was given to me. Looks like it might be worth something and, it's a darn nice reel!!!

bassinajr

post-10881-130162924571_thumb.jpg

Wow looks like the old Shimano Bantam mags

Yea, Alan brought this when he came down to introduce himself to me at the NE PVA tournament.  VERY COOL.  The thing is mint and has all the goodies that came with it in the orig box with all the little cut out areas for the oil, wrench, etc.  

We were wondering if one of you guys would know if this reel is of any significant value to any collectors or if it is just a plain 'ol reel?

I just posted in his other thread.  With all the goodies in mint condition this will be a good seller.  I'd cross list in both baitcasting reels and the vintage fishing equipment sections.  

BTW, that reel was made back when Shakespeare was making fairly decent fishing equipment.

Whatever you do, DON'T USE IT!!

;D

yep, with box and goodies, mint condition AND if the right buyer comes along that reel could go $200 + easy.  

If I were you I would hold on to that reel for another 20 years or so.  You will be talking serious money then.   :o

Ya its made in USA i assume worth a lot of money in about 20 yrs who knows u might be able to retire sellin it then  8-)

WOW....

Very nice reel.  I'd hold on to it and keep it in working condition.  I would fish it on occasion but keep it simple.  Maybe you could pass it on to someone else when the time comes.