bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

lazy ike

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 cpvenom

cpvenom

I'd rather be fishing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted May 28 2007 - 10:47 PM

Today I was fishing in north geogia when I happened upon a lure in the water. After a short search on google I found it to be a lazy ike in fire tiger pattern. Seeing as they have been around for ages, I figured a few of you guys have used these lures. Do you have any tips, advice, or plain stories about the lazy ike or the mighty ike? Should I troll it, cast it, or just admire its unique design? Thanks in advance

#2 BassChaser57

BassChaser57

Airline Pilot by Profession, BassChaser by Passion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted May 28 2007 - 11:12 PM

You have a battle tested and proven lure. Having used them since I ws a kid (a long long time ago) they still produce. You will see more usage of them in the North but that may be a good thing if the fish are not seeing them where you are. Fish it like and other crank bait. Try to fool a bass into thinking it is an injured minnow. Twitch, twitch, pause. The Fire Tiger color will normally be selected with stained or worse water as it will show up well. Try it above undewater grass and it should produce some Bass.
Good luck and keep us posted. 8-)
South East MO When The Bass Are Deep
Lake Fork TX When The Bass Are Shallow

I Like Fishing -- I Like Catching More

#3 detroit1

detroit1

Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted October 06 2007 - 08:21 PM

I still have a lazy ike in the redhead color. Used it a couple of times back in the day, but being from the detroit area, Helin's Flatfish (local mfr.) were the norm for that style of bait. Didn't like those either, but man did they have the paint jobs! I have a lot of cranks from the 60's &70's that i would love to use, but i get too many pike break-offs, so they just sit in boxes waiting for me to build my museum.....
will fish for fun

#4 rboat

rboat

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted October 07 2007 - 08:29 AM

I used these when I lived up north. The lazy ike in perch color was the best lure for big Northern Pike. you need heavy line and steel leader because of the teeth. The ike will catch bass but you have to keep the pike, pickeral or gar away first.

#5 Guest_avid_*

Guest_avid_*
  • Guests

Posted October 08 2007 - 08:58 AM

I used to use an orange Lazy Ike fished very slow like a wake bait.
it was deadly.  Lost it to a nice chunky pickeral,
Never replaced it because they changed the design.