bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Doug Hannon Snake Lure

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 jwo1124

jwo1124

I'd rather be fishing.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted December 28 2007 - 01:16 PM

I was searching the cable box guide on the TV today and I saw a show entitled Bass Professor, so I got all excited thinking I was going to be watchign a Doug Hannon show. I was mostly excited because curing the fall and winter msot outdoor programming is hunting. So when I flip on the Outdoor Channel(a premium channel on Comcast, which we only had cuz my uncle just got a new HD box) I was sadly met by an infomercial for the Snake Lure.

After watching it for 15 minutes I shut it off, but I will admit the lure has great action and the testimonials seemed legit. Has anyone tried this lure and actually caught bigger fish? The online or on phone only ordering package in $35 and you get 3 of each five colors of snakes, a few 5/0 "special" snake hooks, a PDF version of Big Bass Magic(which just means an Adobe version) and 5 seasons of Doug Hannon's shows, which I didn't even know existed, but I think they mean his 10 minute tips that you can find on YOU TUBE by searching ESPNsBassProfessor

Anyway, once I get my new debit card in the mail, I was thinking about ordering a bundle to try them out in the spring. I just wanted a little feedback and/or reviews from people who have actually tried these lures.

#2 rondef

rondef

Searching For My Trophy LMB & SMB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted December 28 2007 - 02:18 PM

Save your money!!!  I bought these and they did not get a single bite after using these multiple times for hours each time.  They also melt in the heat in a tackle box, you need to store them in a cooler.   Go buy some Senkos instead, you will be much happier.

Ron
www.reelamericanheroes.org
www.ragetail.com

#3 Bass XL

Bass XL

The Lou Crew

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted December 28 2007 - 03:23 PM

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! I got some, and turned around and gave it away here on this forum...in my opinion, they flat out suck.....
Representing: Missouri

#4 Bassin_Fin@tic

Bassin_Fin@tic

Salt or fresh it's all good!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts

Posted December 28 2007 - 03:37 PM

After searching this forum,I found many posts regarding those.(try a search)After hearing all the negatives from people here I was convinced to NOT buy them.Thank you all! Besides there are way too many other killer lures on the market that are calling my name and would rather spend the money on something legit than a piece of poop.

#5 TournyFish001

TournyFish001

Dang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted December 28 2007 - 03:41 PM

NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!  :-[ go away  >;)

#6 Glenn

Glenn

I love bass fishing!

• BassResource.com Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,136 posts

Posted December 28 2007 - 04:35 PM

No matter what you do in life you have critics- it's warm out, no it's not - It get's quite frustrating- especially with lures. Keep in mind this is a big fish lure - it's different and requires a different approach. A few things to note:

They stand behind their product 100% you don't like it send it back. They we will refund your $$- no questions asked- BUT you keep the included book, the 10 lake maps, the 45 minute video Doug's 5 seasons of Big Bass, and the rest of the educational aids. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Does it work for everyone? Probably not, but that is a loaded question- does a spoon, spinnerbait, tube jig work for everyone? NO- if you fish the Snake as instructed in the instructional video and RIG it properly as seen at www.naturalmotionlures.com on the "How to Rig the Snake lure" your chances of catching a bigger fish than norm are very good.

Rigging is very important to get the proper action- the Hook eye must be inside the head and the hook point needs to not be laid/seen up in the hook slot cavity in the top slot .

Fish it slow - this is a different type/style of fishing that most of you are not likely used to - slow down. Again, this is a big fish lure/technique. One retrieve takes 2 minutes or more. You are after the larger wiser fish that have seen it all. Drift into an area turn off all sonar, keep a low profile make little noise- Don't stand up in the boat and cast from a deck platform.

Remember you are the hunter and entering the games domain-his/her turf. She "Feels it" when you are there and trying to catch her. Also fish the lunar feeding periods- very important.

If you expect it to produce like a "numbers" lure, then you'll be disappointed. Fish it as described above and you won't. I hope this helps.
The people that hate you, don't know you. They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.

Please read the Forum FAQs

Join us:

Become a member for FREE!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by clicking the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#7 Zel...

Zel...

Finally... Fishing Again!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted December 29 2007 - 05:08 PM

I got one of Mr. Hannon's Wavecast reels for Christmas and a pack of the Snakes with hooks came along with it. I definitely see them as a situational bait. I'm going to try the Snakes in the summertime along the edges of larger lily pad areas. I don't anticipate numbers with them, but the occasional hawg would do me just fine.
I think, therefore I am, I think.

#8 Crestliner2008

Crestliner2008

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted December 30 2007 - 10:18 AM

THANKS Glenn - You've put the proper perspective on this technique. And it is a technique, NOT just a lure. It's kind of like still hunting a 10 point whitetail buck in thick cover. You are targetting a specific fish - not a bunch of any kind of fish - and you are stalking that fish with great care, finesse and attention to detail. Not the sort of think a lot of fishermen care to do. If you just take one out and expect to catch a 10 lb. bass by 8 am, I'm sorry, just ain't gonna happen! Yep, I bought some last year. Tried them a few times. Caught nothing....yet. Doesn't mean it's a bad lure or "crap", as it is referred to here in previous posts. Tell you this much, I did experience a huge swirl under one, second time I had tried it. Not sure what she was, but it sure got my juices flowin'! Big bass aren't everywhere. You have to hunt for one. This technique, I believe, gives you the "tools" you need to up the odds in your favor. IF this is your "bag"?  ;)
Posted Image
"A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

#9 jwo1124

jwo1124

I'd rather be fishing.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted December 30 2007 - 02:23 PM

OK....some mixed reviews here. I think Glen hit the nail on the head though. It is a product that is advertised as a "big bass" lure. And it's true that big bass aren't everywhere, so I can understand why this could be frustrating to anglers who want to cast the lure out a couple times and reel in a monster bass. In order to catch a trophy, or earn a trophy, you have to work for it. I think if someone dedicated a whole bass fishing season to targeting trophy bass, and understood that there are going to be a lot of frustrating days when you are going to get skunked, the lure would prove itself. But, I guarentee you, that when you are holding a double digit bass in your hands, you'll say to yourself, all that was worth it.

That's when you ask yourself, would I rather spend this season catching a a few 1,2,and 3 lbers each outing and finish the season content, or would I rather catch one or two trophies that most bass anglers will never catch in their life? That's the battle right there.

#10 Crestliner2008

Crestliner2008

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted December 30 2007 - 02:38 PM

You really nailed it jwo!  ;)
Posted Image
"A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."