Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

junebugmn

St.Croix Rod Factory Outlet!

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone been there other than me? If you want a unbelieveable deal on a st,croix rod get up there in park falls wisconsin,I got a 7ft 3in avid flipping rod for 83.00! All that was wrong with it was the decal was a little crooked! I guess that's why the quality control guy's make the Bigger Buck's. I am planing another trip there soon to get another baitcaster some thing for buzzbaits and fishing brushhog's in heavy cover.  ;) Junebugmn

My guess is that you live kinda close to the place . Right ?

You sure you didn't get a legend tourney rod? I don't think they make a 7'3 in the Avid series. If it's a ltb then you made out even better. Nice find.

I am about a two hour drive from there, it's worth it though!!  junebugmn ;)

4.5 Hour drive for me...

I live in Southern Wisconsin and I go up there every deer hunting season.  ;)

I think the rods that are so cheap are factory-rejects. I hear they only have a few blemishes.

Hey big A, that's true they are factory re-ject's, but it's worth the drive!the saving's average close to 100.00! the 7ft3inch avid rod I bought is a collapsable one, on my 81 ranger the rod locker is only about 6,5 ft long so most or  all my rods are collapsable one's, from what i've seen the defect's on thier "second's" are so minuscule that the average person wouldn't notice them anyway,thank's ! junebugmn

post-24017-130162927408_thumb.jpg

I may have to look into doing the trip when the gas prices fall this winter so I can capitalize on my savings ;D

My dad bought me my first musky rod there in the mid-seventies, I felt like the king of the world walking out with a brand new 5'6" glass telephone pole.  Been going back every since.

How's the warranty on the factory-seconds?