-HAWK-

Show off your Stuff

3,301 posts in this topic

Really nice stuff all around.  The ones that have caught my eye so far is rooster's bps extreme combos and mozy's lamiglas excel/daiwa black widow 2 combo.

I've always thought this was a beautiful reel...

IMG_0026.jpg

1 person likes this

Awesome rigs guys! Keep them coming. Ill post some more tonight.

Really nice stuff all around. The ones that have caught my eye so far is rooster's bps extreme combos and mozy's lamiglas excel/daiwa black widow 2 combo.

Well I can't leave a fan with that crappy pic...

post-18782-130162930089_thumb.jpg

...or maybe I can. Pictures  are off of my fiance's cheap camera. I really need to get a decent camera one of these days.

My Shimano Collection....

IMG_0835.jpg

3 people like this

I've always thought this was a beautiful reel...

IMG_0026.jpg

Bronzefly, That is a beautiful reel, what is it ?

1 person likes this

I would post some pics, but I have a Citica 200e and a Sahara 2500, both mounted on Lightning Rods.

Funny thing, I still catch fish!

2 people like this

I would post some pics, but I have a Citica 200e and a Sahara 2500, both mounted on Lightning Rods.

Yeah one of my most used combos is the Abu Garcia Black Max paired with a black max rod! haha

Really nice stuff all around. The ones that have caught my eye so far is rooster's bps extreme combos and mozy's lamiglas excel/daiwa black widow 2 combo.

Why thank ya!!!  I believe the background I chose though helped add to the pizazz of the pictures.  Looks "outdoorsy".  Now I wish I had cleaned the handles of the rods before I took them.  I was in a hurry though.

What a great thread.  Here is my contribution.  :D

One of my Ito reels. 

YFMYD-DSC01583.JPG

Custom 100 DC on a Megabass Purple Dragon.

OIDCT-DSC01545.JPG

Red Pixzilla

KBHNP-DSC01581.JPG

Full custom BBS on a Kaleido Super Stallion.  First SS in the states. 

HLBJP-DSC01875.JPG

Custom Ito.

EGJKQ-DSC01576.JPG

Yellow Pixzilla on a JDM Steez Blitz.

UHFVI-DSC01385.JPG

Custom Inshore on a Dobyns 795 ML

NEJSL-DSC01391.JPG

Custom Steez on an Evergreen Stallion.

DWVTH-DSC01716.JPG

Custom Abel fishing pliers & knife, fish grabber.

BOJIY-DSC00731.JPG

1 person likes this

Redlinerobert, you are the man!!!

One hell of a bar too!!!

here my setup two 200e7 pair with compre and a cumara. i love my cumara ;D

Wow, Redline's stuff is unreal!!!  I'd have to sell my boat to afford that stuff. The Ito was my favorite one, it's just flat out sexxxy!!!

1 person likes this

Redlinerobert's custom tools where kickin, where can I get a set?

This thread was too soon.

I have a custom rod ordered from Matt Davis at Otterods but it won't be ready till Feb cause we are still waiting on Gary Loomis/NFC to make their new top of the line "HM Next" rod blank.  Ive selected a red marble reel seat and chrome components and to of the line fuji guides to go on the raw black matte rod blank.  It should look awesome.  Got a new core 50 mg for it to send Matt to balance the rod.

Should be a sweet combo.

This thread might still be going then.  Christmas is coming, combos will be received, and photographed, and likely posted about on here. :D

Redline, I dont know whats more impressive. Your insane collection of reels and tools, Or your Full stocked bar setup! ;D ;D

Well I can't leave a fan with that crappy pic...

Lol. nicely done.  I am always curious to see what other fellow anglers have on their Lamiglas Excel rods since I've picked a few up during the Black Friday sales.  Currently I have a 704C with last seasons Revo STX. 

The current influx of the new valued rods are a welcomed sight.  It's fun to pair them up with reels in your collection.  I enjoy fishing my  Cyclone Evoluzion/Aldebaran combo just as much as my Lamiglas Excel/Revo STX combo.

Redline, I dont know whats more impressive. Your insane collection of reels and tools, Or your Full stocked bar setup! ;D ;D

Wooooowwwwwwwwwww this thread has really taken off.  There are so many nicely setup combos.  CONGRATS TO EVERYONE THAT SHARED THEIR  PHOTOS....

I say we go use some of his sweetly setup combos and then go back to his house and have him mix up a few tastey beverages.  I'm pretty sure that he can come up with a few, just look at the combos that he's put together. 

My first combo purchase this year was the Ugly Stick with a Shakespeare 6:3.1 b/c.  I've used that combo all summer, and have caught numerous fish on it.  I'm just now getting into spending any kind of money on combos, but nothing like what others are doing on here

My first combo purchase this year was the Ugly Stick with a Shakespeare 6:3.1 b/c. I've used that combo all summer, and have caught numerous fish on it. I'm just now getting into spending any kind of money on combos, but nothing like what others are doing on here

Look to the flea market area. I picked up an excellent condition Loomis Mossyback 7'1 MH, XF, for $90 cheaper than new, and that included shipping.

Good rods will help you catch more fish. Good reels are for showing off, and/or keeping yourself happy. If they don't backlash and don't break, and the right speed, they (cheap reels) will catch just as much fish as the $500+ reels like some pictured in here.

Once this thread dies, if ever, we need a "Show off your bar or liquor cabinet" thread. ;D

1 person likes this

Thanks for sharing redline! I could look at custom rods/reels all day. Simply gorgeous!

Here is a Shimano Calcutta DC with a Shimano Curado 200E handle and knobs. Swapped over the knob center caps for a little bling. This is one of my brothers rigs. Sweet set up.

CALCUTTADC001.jpg