bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Fishing help near Slidell, LA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Quest

Quest

Looking for the Bass!

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 24 2010 - 04:24 PM

I joined bassresource fairly recent and there seems to be some great info here.  I am trying to locate a spot somewhere near Slidell, LA to go bass fishing.  I have the appropriate gear but I just haven't been able to find any fishies  :'(  I would really appreciate it if one of you could help me out.

#2 Who Dat?

Who Dat?

I Love Bass Fishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted March 24 2010 - 05:34 PM

I joined bassresource fairly recent and there seems to be some great info here. I am trying to locate a spot somewhere near Slidell, LA to go bass fishing. I have the appropriate gear but I just haven't been able to find any fishies :'( I would really appreciate it if one of you could help me out.

Here's a start:
Achafalaya area
Venice
Lake Cataouache
Caneravon

#3 Quest

Quest

Looking for the Bass!

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 24 2010 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the locations but I was looking for something a bit closer.  My 4 year old daughter will hate a 2+ hour drive.  Venice is awesome for sure.  Do you have any insight on some local ponds or rivers around here to hit up?

#4 BASSINATORBIGJOE

BASSINATORBIGJOE

NEXT GENERATION BASS CLUB BATON ROUGE LA.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted March 26 2010 - 03:21 PM

QUEST, I DON'T FISH THERE BUT THE TCHEFUNCTE RIVER IS NOT TOO FAR FROM YOU, AND I UNDERSTAND FROM SOME FISHING BUDDIES THAT THERE ARE SOME REALLY NICE BASS AND BLUEGILL THERE. ALSO SHOULD BE A LANDING ON HWY. 22 WHERE IT CROSSES THE RIVER. SEEMS LIKE I REMEMBER HEARING TO FISH FROM THE LANDING DOWN TOWARDS THE MOUTH WHERE IT ENTERS LAKE PONCHATRAIN, LOTS OF LILY PADS AND STRUCTURE. OH, AND DOCKS TOO. GOGGLE THE (LOUISIANA SPORTSMAN MAGAZINE) AND THEY SHOULD HAVE MANY BACK ARTICLES ON NORTHSHORE FISHING AREAS AND A FORUM FOR ASKING SOMEONE THAT KNOWS ALOT MORE THAN I. GOOD LUCK BIGJOE 8-)

#5 saint romain

saint romain

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted March 28 2010 - 12:35 AM

Good bass places starting closest to farthest headed west on I-12.
1. Bayou Lacomb
2. Bayou Cain (not sure how dependable the launch is)
3. A few secret ponds in Mandeville
4. Tchefuncte River
5. Tangipahoa River
6. Manchac
7. Tickfaw/Natalbany River

I personally have caught the most out of those ponds in Mandeville and Tangipahoa River, I've never fished Tchefuncte but looks quite decent.
For directions to any launches or ponds, just send a message...I know of plenty of ponds from Mandeville to Amite.

#6 Quest

Quest

Looking for the Bass!

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 29 2010 - 06:46 PM

@BigJoe
Thanks for the advice dude, much appreciated.  Too bad half of what you said is hard for me to apply in real life since I lack having a boat right now  :'(

@saint romain
What can I say?  You are pretty much right around the corner from me and this exactly what I was looking for.  Huge thanks for sure.  I went to Mandeville recently and attempted to look for some local pounds.  Unfortunately, everything I came across had a house in front of it lol.  I went to the Mandeville pier last Friday and I caught my limit of reds.  Could you perhaps pretty please tell me where one of these secret ponds might happen to be located?  I would definitely take my daughter there.  Thanks again saint!

#7 saint romain

saint romain

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted March 31 2010 - 10:56 PM

well, if your coming from the shopping outlet with american eagle and stuff going towards Greenleaves neighborhood, theres a road just before it called Lonesome...theres 2 ponds on that road, the best one is the second one...i cant count how many 3lb+ bass ive caught out of there, and I caught a 7lber that i think a younger kid caught a year later and made the paper for it...theres a little gravel on the side of the road and just park there...the back right corner is a big bass hotspot, front right holds a good bit of perch and all the colverts have made deeper ditches and i catch a few off of them...and if you go all the way down lonesome and take a left at the light, you go down to the next light which should be Sharp rd. and take a left. you go ab a mile or two down and once you go passed the big curve theres a neighborhood called Audubon Lake...turn in there and take a right on the second road...go all the way down to the coldisac or w.e and park on the road just before it. theres a house just infront of you and if you knock and ask the lady if you can walk through her yard to the pond she gets all estatic and happy haha. but you walk back there and you'll see the pond...theres a dam on the right and i watch my dad catch a 12lb bass and i catch sacalet on the drainage side of it with shiners...umm id say for your girl def. use shiners or something and save a frog or buzz bait for both ponds just before dark...i usually throw worms in both ponds but ive torn em up on the small strike king spinners before too if you can find the crawfish color, dont throw anything white unless its a trickworm ;) good luck

ps:pass up lonesome and greenleaves and take a left in the neighborhood tanglewood, take a left on the second street and...ahh hell id have to go back go to it to remember how to get to it, all of the ponds i just mentioned have houses around them, and the one on lonesome i walk the whole thing but just stay close close to the bank and no one ever says anything excent "any luck?", the one in audubon lakes is kind of tricky to bank fish and youre kind of limited to about 100yds and the dam (its a huge pond, used to be a creek but they dammed it and its pretty amazing) i usually bring a small flat with a trolling motor or paddle...

psps: 2 ponds infront of fountainblue jr. high hold big bass, idk how they arent big ponds at all but i went out there one morning a few years back and caught 2 4lb and like 5 or 6 solid 2lbers