Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crankbait2009

Cincinnati Area Fishing

4 posts in this topic

I just received the latest issue of Ohio Game & Fish and inside they have an article about the high ranking fishing spots in the Cincinnati area.

these are the lakes they are talking about.  has anyone ever fished them and if they have how was it?  good/bad?  since i am limited without a boat, can anyone add there 2 cents about the shore fishing in these areas?

Action Lake

Cowan Lake

Paint Creek Lake

Caesar Creek Lake

Stonelick Lake

Rush Run Lake

Grant Lake

looks like i have quite a few holes to check out this summer!!  :)

I have fished 3 of them:

Cowan Lake

IS a nice bass lake. Small lake with good shore fishing. Boating is limited to 10 hp

Paint Creek Lake

Nice lake but have never shore fished

Caesar Creek Lake

I'm always on this one cause its 10 mins from the house. I boat fish all the time. Has good shore fishing also. Go by the d**n and fish the shore or on the other side of the d**n on the spill way. This lake gets busy busy in the summer with boats. So fishing is better in morning or evening.

thanks jsn, i will keep that in mind

Rocky Fork is a nice bass lake - not sure why that one didn't make the lisit.  I like in Harrison and normall fish Brookville Lake - by boat though.  On Thursday I fished Brookville from 2:30PM to 7:30PM and caught 6 decent bass - 2 over 3lb...  I'm heading there again in just a few minutes.  I think there are several shoreline areas accessible by the causeways and by the dam.

Good luck!