fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

western ma fishing spots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 wees

wees

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted July 16 2009 - 10:40 AM

Hi guys. My nephew just came to visit and he is eager to do some fishing. The problem is that I'm kinda new to the area and don't know any really good spots to pull decent bass. The only place I've had good action thus far is quabbin. I'll probably take him on Sunday but I figured we could try elsewhere in the meantime. I don't have a boat so I'm limited to places with shore access. I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions of where I could take him in the western mass area and get decent action. Here's where I have tried thus far with limited success:

Lake Congamond
Hampden Ponds
Chicopee Memorial State Park

Thanks

#2 Crestliner2008

Crestliner2008

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted July 17 2009 - 06:26 PM

Well, first of all, are you planning renting a boat on the Quabbin? If so, you'd also better plan on getting there around 3 AM and waiting in line for one of the few boats there.

I say that, because they've closed the Quabbin to all private boats for 45 days, starting this past Wednesday! They are undertaking an investigation of a possible zebra muscle invasion. So....if you were planning on using your own boat, be advised.

Other than that, there is Big Lake, Otis Reservoir, Onota Lake and Pontussuk - the later two are in Pittsfield though. Get a map for directions and/or check out this site for fishing details:

http://www.mass.gov/...s/pond_maps.htm

Good Luck! :(
Posted Image
"A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."