bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

replacing the fluke with a senko??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 smallieking

smallieking

Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 09:11 AM

my buddy and i were talking about flukes and he said that he really likes using senkos instead on the weightless trig   he said it has just as good darting action    just wondering if anyone here uses stick baits as soft jerkbaits    thanks

#2 Jeff_NHBA

Jeff_NHBA

Fish early and fish often!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 10:33 AM

Sure, why not?  As a matter of fact, BPS classifies Senkos as a jerkbait vice a worm in their on-line catalog.

The senkos and other similarly shaped baits have incredible darting action when fished as a jerkbait (jerk, jerk, pause...).  Or, kill the retrieve, and you get the enticing fluttering fall we've all come to love.

It's an incredibly versatile bait.

#3 Tin

Tin

Bass

• Floater
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,691 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 10:39 AM

It works but I like the flukey's better because they have a slower fall rate. Plus 5 Strike King Z Too's that can catch 40 fish= $2.99 and 10 Yamamoto Senkos that can catch 12 or 13 fish=$6.99
R.I.P. Jack "Fishfordollars" Yates

I Love BassResource!

#4 smallieking

smallieking

Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 10:58 AM

o ok thanks guys  i might try it this year  i dont know  i was just wondering  thanks  

#5 fishnaddiction

fishnaddiction

work fish sleep hate work love to fish

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 02:12 PM

i like the yum forked tail dinger as a replacement   the only time i use a senko or dinger as a replacement is when i dont have a certain color in the tradition fluke shape   i believe it works just as good
love to fish

#6 JT Bagwell

JT Bagwell

I Love Bass Fishing!

• BassResource.com Writer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 02:52 PM

I actually started using the Senko as a replacement for the fluke several years ago. They work great and they are very multi-functional. I actually prefer fishing them on PowerPro line so I get more action (as a soft jerkbait) out of them. Just loosen your drag a
little bit so you don't rip the hook out.

JT Bagwell

Follow me on Instagram http://Instagram.com/JTBagwell

Follow me on Twitter http://Twitter.com/BagwellFishing
Follow me on Facebook facebook.com/Bagwell

Also on Facebook Facebook.com/BagwellFishing

#7 smallieking

smallieking

Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 04:16 PM

thanks i have to keep this in mind for this year   i have alot of new techniques and presentations i want to do this year

#8 iceintheveins

iceintheveins

Selective Harvest On Bass, Or Pay The Price

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 05:21 PM

I fish senkos the same way I fish flukes, weightless and on an EWG hook. Senkos sink faster and thus are better for deeper water or sluggish bass. I give them a more gentle lift/twitch than I do a fluke, and I fish them a little slower. The flukes work better for shallow water presentations or when you need a slow fall. Both types of lures are must haves in your tackle box and they produce probably half of my bass in clearer water conditions.
Better Bass Fishing Is My Mission

#9 jjbassjj

jjbassjj

addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 10:04 PM

It works but I like the flukey's better because they have a slower fall rate. Plus 5 Strike King Z Too's that can catch 40 fish= $2.99 and 10 Yamamoto Senkos that can catch 12 or 13 fish=$6.99

great point!!

i like the senkos for a faster fall rate. Flukes are much lighter and the only time i use them is skipping under docks(can skip them much better than senkos) or for schooling fish. I use both of them just for different purposes

#10 LCpointerKILLA

LCpointerKILLA

Bass Zsar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 10:33 PM

Sure, why not?  As a matter of fact, BPS classifies Senkos as a jerkbait vice a worm in their on-line catalog.

The senkos and other similarly shaped baits have incredible darting action when fished as a jerkbait (jerk, jerk, pause...).  Or, kill the retrieve, and you get the enticing fluttering fall we've all come to love.

It's an incredibly versatile bait.

Thats because the basspro website stinks and they must not know too much about bass fishing. They should have them in a stickbait category. They are also missing a swimbait category
The 3 B's: Bass, Booze, and Bit... Ahh, you can figure that out.

#11 SPAZ

SPAZ

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted March 10 2008 - 10:58 AM

My fishing partner tried this method and was killing the bass on them.