Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smallieking

replacing the fluke with a senko??

11 posts in this topic

my buddy and i were talking about flukes and he said that he really likes using senkos instead on the weightless trig   he said it has just as good darting action    just wondering if anyone here uses stick baits as soft jerkbaits    thanks

Sure, why not?  As a matter of fact, BPS classifies Senkos as a jerkbait vice a worm in their on-line catalog.

The senkos and other similarly shaped baits have incredible darting action when fished as a jerkbait (jerk, jerk, pause...).  Or, kill the retrieve, and you get the enticing fluttering fall we've all come to love.

It's an incredibly versatile bait.

It works but I like the flukey's better because they have a slower fall rate. Plus 5 Strike King Z Too's that can catch 40 fish= $2.99 and 10 Yamamoto Senkos that can catch 12 or 13 fish=$6.99

o ok thanks guys  i might try it this year  i dont know  i was just wondering  thanks  

i like the yum forked tail dinger as a replacement   the only time i use a senko or dinger as a replacement is when i dont have a certain color in the tradition fluke shape   i believe it works just as good

I actually started using the Senko as a replacement for the fluke several years ago. They work great and they are very multi-functional. I actually prefer fishing them on PowerPro line so I get more action (as a soft jerkbait) out of them. Just loosen your drag a

little bit so you don't rip the hook out.

JT Bagwell

thanks i have to keep this in mind for this year   i have alot of new techniques and presentations i want to do this year

I fish senkos the same way I fish flukes, weightless and on an EWG hook. Senkos sink faster and thus are better for deeper water or sluggish bass. I give them a more gentle lift/twitch than I do a fluke, and I fish them a little slower. The flukes work better for shallow water presentations or when you need a slow fall. Both types of lures are must haves in your tackle box and they produce probably half of my bass in clearer water conditions.

It works but I like the flukey's better because they have a slower fall rate. Plus 5 Strike King Z Too's that can catch 40 fish= $2.99 and 10 Yamamoto Senkos that can catch 12 or 13 fish=$6.99

great point!!

i like the senkos for a faster fall rate. Flukes are much lighter and the only time i use them is skipping under docks(can skip them much better than senkos) or for schooling fish. I use both of them just for different purposes

Sure, why not?  As a matter of fact, BPS classifies Senkos as a jerkbait vice a worm in their on-line catalog.

The senkos and other similarly shaped baits have incredible darting action when fished as a jerkbait (jerk, jerk, pause...).  Or, kill the retrieve, and you get the enticing fluttering fall we've all come to love.

It's an incredibly versatile bait.

Thats because the basspro website stinks and they must not know too much about bass fishing. They should have them in a stickbait category. They are also missing a swimbait category

My fishing partner tried this method and was killing the bass on them.